Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Which One? Stoeger Cougar vs. S&W Sigma Allied Forces

Old 01-10-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Recondo
Haha. Yeah thanks. Fixed. I don't know why I, but I was thinking Sigma when I was trying to type Stoeger. It's been a long day. Haha.
lol, that is what i figured. hah
Old 01-11-2009, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...I screwed up. I was pretty much leaning toward the Sigma. So I went to the gun store one last time to do a side-by-side comparison. Thanks to the heavy snow, the store was awfully slow. They got out both handguns and I had about fifteen minutes of quality time.

When I was able to go back and forth between them, I was definitely leaning toward the Cougar by the end of the trip. I still like them both a lot, but the pendulum has swung ever-so-slightly the other way. $60 difference isn't that much, but I'm not sure I like the Cougar $60 more. For that I can get the Sigma and six boxes of ammo...

My homework for tomorrow:
- Call S&W and see if they are offering the rebate or not. If so, that makes the difference $107...that's a pretty big gap. If not offered, the Cougar is quite tempting even if $60 more.
- Call every Stoeger dealer in the area and see if I can find it closer to the Sigma price. I would probably get it if I can find it close to the price of the Sigma.

Thanks for the feedback, folks!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stoeger Cougar or S&W Sigma

GET THE COUGAR I own a Cougar compact 9mm (has shorter grip 13 round) and it is an awesome gun. Nice trigger, accurate, low recoil, and dependable. The Sigma can in no way compare to it. Get the Cougar

Quick Reply: Which One? Stoeger Cougar vs. S&W Sigma Allied Forces