Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

New AR15 in the New Year

Old 12-19-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah...so you'll never be able to find this price again, but I paid 799 out the door
Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ifshinxs
Here's what it looks like:

You have done a great job building a custom lefty with a good trigger AND an Eotech all for $1300!!! Where you buyin from?
Old 12-19-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

I am building a 6.8 and .458 SOCOM and plan to hunt with both of them. I have always only had bolt guns but a friend got me started on the AR's and can't wait to finish mine.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Jedi

Im really really thinkin hard about building my SBR as a 9mm. I have seen some uppers that have built in suppressors and barrels ported to drop reg rounds to subsonic like a MP5SD does. Id have two tax stamps on the gun but it would be cool as hell I think.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
You have done a great job building a custom lefty with a good trigger AND an Eotech all for $1300!!! Where you buyin from?
Let me tell you...I spent alot of time on the Internet...Best deal on the Eo -tech came from E-bay...The Rock River rear site was another steal on E-bay..

The Left handed Stag upper came from an on line dealer in Utah..I had to wait 4 months to get it.

My lowerer parts kit came from a guy in louisana..

I just want to finish it off with an LMT foregrip...
Old 12-19-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I made an order in Oct of 08 and the upper just shipped 769 for a complete kit minus the stripped lower. We were in CA at the time so I had to go with an off list lower Stag met that bill but the rest of the parts are FN and wilson combat. i almost cancled the order through the guy but prices got so crazy after the election I just waited and stayed in contact with my distributor. AR15-kits still has good deals if you dont mind the wait. I am thinking of a 6.8 spc next.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Jedi

You did a lot on that budget! The only part that im not crazy about is the plastic fore-arm (which I started with too) and you are changing that to a great one. Awesome build man. LMT makes fgood stuff, I have their upper on my M4. It was cheap and looks as good as any other mil-spec I have seen. I have been looking at a Vltor upper-forearm one piece also.. but it isn't cheap... so prolly get another LMT. lol.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knyland
Well I made an order in Oct of 08 and the upper just shipped 769 for a complete kit minus the stripped lower. We were in CA at the time so I had to go with an off list lower Stag met that bill but the rest of the parts are FN and wilson combat. i almost cancled the order through the guy but prices got so crazy after the election I just waited and stayed in contact with my distributor. AR15-kits still has good deals if you dont mind the wait. I am thinking of a 6.8 spc next.
I was in Commifornia when I built mine also...I still have my Bullet Button and Ten round mag...

I'm really happy to be out of that state..
Old 12-22-2009, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Now day's for new buyer's...I would look into a gas pistion operation also! That's where all the makers are going to now! My friend just ordered the Ruger SR-556, I can't wait to get some rounds down range with it! But I'm shoot a S&W with EoTech's...But one thing my S&W will not do is shoot steel casing(like Wolf), as soon as I start doing double tap drills....it lockes up!!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
JK Jedi

I dunno how important that piston system is. I think it is more reliable for sure... but I have never had/ seen a failure due to the gas impingement system. Then again the way I clean the AR is much diff than how I clean the AK. I wouldn't mind a piston drive but I have to see more data before I think it is an absolute must myself. If you have the cash though, I would sure as hell get it.

Quick Reply: New AR15 in the New Year