Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

nevada grouse

Old 09-06-2010, 08:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nevada grouse

went over to nevada for some grouse huntin over labor day weekend,what a great time.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi

Right on...!!! I tried going after chucker once when I lived down there (Tahoe area). Saw a couple but they were way too far away. How many grouse did ya get?
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Th limit is three a day,I took two a day for two days so four total. The season here in utah starts sat. the 11th.Chukar(my favorite)starst in a couple weeks.The bad thig is that it is still too hot to work the dog too hard.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Jedi

The 4 you got were ruffed grouse right? They look a lot like our spruce grouse but not grey enough. We also have ruffed grouse up here, just not many around where I live as they just planted them a few years ago. But there are all kinds of "stupid chickens" (that's what we call the spruce hens). I usually head shoot them on the driveway with my 22 cal pellet gun. We also have ptarmigan which are great birds.

Good luck on the chuker.....I wish I would have gotten into them more when I was down south. I really missed out......
Old 09-09-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

They were all blue grouse.I havn't seen any ruffies in nevada I've heare they are there but not seen them.Ican't find any good pics of a adult blue,but the season starts here on sat so I hope to get one then.

Quick Reply: nevada grouse