Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Need opinions please!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sp101 is a great firearm. There is however a tradeoff. The weight of the sp101 will make you less likely to carry it all the time. A lighter gun, with more kick will get the job done, but you will be less likely to practice because of discomfort. I say get the lighter gun and force yourself to practice if you intend to carry it. Practice is mandatory with either.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HotFrosty
The Tanner gun show is this weekend. That would give you a to put a lot of different guns in your hands, then you can see what fits. The guys over at the 2A Booth are super friendly and very knowledgeable, Russ and Jamie.
Then you can stop by my booth and say "Hi"!

Depending on how you dress some are much easier to conceal then others. The Ruger LCP or the KelTec P3AT have been very popular because of their size and weight. I've been researching the Sccy because it's a 9mm. but haven't been to the range with one yet.
My husband (Marine) and I are planning on going. I think we are planning on purchasing tonight. We will still be there to get some options on holsters and gun safes and we'll probably pick up some ammo boxes from the military surplus booth ( I assume there will be a booth like that...this will be our first time going). What's your booth?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

At Tanner we sell holsters and AR57 uppers. Straight shooters is what our DBA is for shows.

If you can wait on picking up one until you can compare prices and you might find something you like better. The store will (hopefully) be there next week, The next Tanner is June 5th.
What shop are you looking at?
Old 04-21-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

At Tanner we sell holsters and AR57 uppers. Straight shooters is what our DBA is for shows.

If you can wait on picking up one until you can compare prices and you might find something you like better. The store will (hopefully) be there next week, The next Tanner is June 5th.
What shop are you looking at?
Well, we got our pistols last night at Green Mountain Guns. We went to many stores to compare prices and see as much of a selection as possible. We are both pleased with our decissions (for now, we need to test these out on a range now).
Old 04-21-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

EXCITING!
I haven't much about Green Mountain Guns? Were they were good to you? (I hope they were.)

A guy down here in Castle Rock is working on opening a indoor range. But often we go to Firing Line to start getting stuff sighted in.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

EXCITING!
I haven't much about Green Mountain Guns? Were they were good to you? (I hope they were.)

A guy down here in Castle Rock is working on opening a indoor range. But often we go to Firing Line to start getting stuff sighted in.

Green Mountain is in Lakewood. I think they took pretty good care of us.

We'll have to start finding some ranges around our area.

I think we'll have to wait for the Tanner show in June.

Quick Reply: Need opinions please!!!