Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Loading Up The JK With Deer This Year? Post em!

Old 11-09-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.....he has a lot of different animals on the place. Kudu really get the old juices flowing for me. Incredible animals for sure. Yes, I've been up here since 83'. I aslo guided up here for 8 seasons.....moose, caribou, Dall sheep, and brown bear. Really glad I got to do that when I had the chance. I mainly did it because I wanted to see more of Alaska. Even tho I did, I still barely scratched the surface. Once you get out there in float planes, you really get an idea of how big this place really is....
Old 11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Shot my 3rd 8pt this afternoon. I don't have a pic of me and the deer but I may get a picture of the horns up in the morning.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got me an 8 pointer last night!! but have not found the bastard yet.. ran off.. I got him in the rear 1/4 with the wifes liberty.... took out the left front corner. still drivable,, blood and hair on the jeep so not sure if he is a goner or ok,, tried to look tonight but its thick brush and near houses.. would really like to get that rack!! would look good over the tool box in the garage with the bodyshop bill framed below..
Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Cruiser
Got me an 8 pointer last night!! but have not found the bastard yet.. ran off.. I got him in the rear 1/4 with the wifes liberty.... took out the left front corner. still drivable,, blood and hair on the jeep so not sure if he is a goner or ok,, tried to look tonight but its thick brush and near houses.. would really like to get that rack!! would look good over the tool box in the garage with the bodyshop bill framed below..
Yeah.....hate to see him wasted. Hope you find him. Good Luck.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Yeah.....hate to see him wasted. Hope you find him. Good Luck.
This thread is BADAZZ!!! I'm subscribing.
Congratulations to all hunters & hit & run artists. I shot a nice Co. Bull Elk 2 years ago with my muzzleloader, I'd post pics but didn't have my jeep then:(

Still waiting to see a deer stretched over the hood of a JK.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dad and his three buddies just got back from Western Ontario, Dad didn't get one but two of the others did. One was a small six pointer and one was a really nice 200+ lbs 9-point that came off the ridge in front of my dad but never presented him a shot. Can't wait for the PA rifle season to start in a couple weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MM9-point.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	101321Click image for larger version

Name:	BM6-pointer.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	101320
Old 11-11-2010, 04:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Big Elk

Taken on a private ranch in Texas. The Elk scored a 434, not a record but it was taken with a bow.

Attachment 101329
Old 11-11-2010, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi

Lot of mass on that bull...
Old 11-11-2010, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Lot of mass on that bull...
Dave, unfortunately I did not take the shot on this Bull. I was guiding for the kid who shot it last weekend (his father is a longtime client). His first Elk, unfortunately he set the bar kind of high with his first kill....everything else is going to look small compared to this one. Great memories for the boy, I was glad to help him get a monster.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Default Minnesota white tail

I got a doe the morning of Minnesota firearm opener. We hunt leased Potlach land north of Wadena and we had a great deer camp this year.

I grilled up the tenderloins for dinner last night...yum!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: Loading Up The JK With Deer This Year? Post em!