Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

LMT rifles

Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i absolutely LOVE my daniel defense. my father and also a close friend of mine both have colts and they after shooting my DD they both preferred it. just another option to look at. also very reasonably priced.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Preference...

Don't mean to hijack, but what did they like over the Colt's the Daniel Defence had? I mean if both were done up equally where they had the same stocks, sights and accessories they would look basically the same then what over the Colt did the Daniel Devence have? My LMT and Colt are basically identical except the LMT has a 10" barrel and the Colt has a 14.5" barrel. So on the outside they are basically the same and it is only the two stage trigger that sets the LMT apart. If they were both the same barrel length And I had to choose between them I would lean towards the LMT solely because the buffer tube assemby is a tighter tollerance so the butt stock doesn't rattle and it has six positions for the stock to be in vs for the Colt has...
Old 10-15-2010, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Stuartsbasement
Who ever said the LMT's are way overpriced is correct, if you want to use it as a casual plinker. If your life or someone else's depends on the rifle going "bang" instead of "click" or "BOOM" then I'd still go with LMT. What you are paying for with higher priced brands like LMT or even for that matter, Colt, Colt (Canada), or even Knight Armament is peace of mind through their rifles passing the rigours of milspec testing and compliance.

Not to knock any manufacturer, but if your bolts are not shot relieved and then MPT'd then they do not meet milspec standards and could have issues of locking lugs breaking. Having a barrel in .223 is fine for the casual shooter but this will limit you so that you can not use 5.56 ammo. Yes there is a difference, 5.56 barrels can use .223. You can use 5.56 ammo in .223 but I would not recommend it as the projectile seating is different which will lead to higher and unsafe chamber pressures.
All true. 5.56 is barely bigger and thicker (higher pressure than .223) so .223 in 5.56bbl = OK / 5.56 in .223 bbl = NO NO

To put it into perspective, LMT makes a decent rifle, and they got a Navy contract recently. But if you are gonna dump that much bread, GET A LWRC!!!!!

Just DO IT!!! The M-6 is used by a bunch of SOCOM guys because it WORKS....
If you are looking to get under the 1500.00 sheckel mark, get a ROCK RIVER ARMS or a SPIKE'S TACTICAL. LMT is OK but there are just as good rifles for the same or less money.... DO the research, PM me for some detailed info if you want...
Old 11-03-2010, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

You cant go wrong if you invenst in an LMT. yes they arent the cheapest but like some other posts pointed out you get what you pay for. I also have a Colt, Troy, Noveske, and Larue set ups. I can tell you that I have the best accuracy with my colt M4 as far as an M4 set up goes.and LMT is a close second. I shoot alot and under different conditions. I have never had any FF,FE or any other weapon related failures with either of them after thousands of rounds. And my Larue is sub Moa accurate at 200 yards too just depends on what you want. Everyone has their own opinions on these kinds of things. Just do your homework and dont settle for sub quality stuff. Also only get Mil-spec parts and components....Just start getting a milspec lower and build up from there. have fun and welcome to the BRD (black rifle disease)

Quick Reply: LMT rifles