Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

JK Bowhunters Pics & Videos

Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think a buck like that would at least draw a grin from you........at least...!!!......lol

Congrats.....REAL nice buck...!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

2010 Bull Moose, 42 inch, 1160 pounds, 15 yard shot............down in 3 minutes.

100gr shuffer ss, on quick strike arrows
65 pound modified Oneida LFM FF

Life is good
Old 10-12-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Nice job guys I still have not got anything yet but I hope to get a buck in the next to two weeks and will post pics if I do......
Old 10-20-2010, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Nice Moose... love the screaming Eagle too! I miss my Oneida...

I did up a video to "copperhead Road"... got 3 hunts on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLtsEzuGfT8
Old 10-20-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SwampRunner
2010 Bull Moose, 42 inch, 1160 pounds, 15 yard shot............down in 3 minutes.

100gr shuffer ss, on quick strike arrows
65 pound modified Oneida LFM FF

Life is good
Right on guy...!!! Nice "little" bull...lol When I was guiding, I called a bull in for a bowhunter to 15 yards as well. Unfortunately it wasn't a legal bull. Always a pretty amazing thing to take a bull moose with a bow. Buddy of mine killed a big 60" bull with a longbow. Congrats and enjoy all that tasty moose meat....!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks Guys,

AK4Dave, The Ontario Bulls are a bit smaller than those Big boys you have In Alaska for sure. I arrowed him at 15 yards after a stare down between the two of us at 6 yards. A good friend is moving out your way and would be nice to have a Alaskan 73 inch on my wall next to this guy and my first bull. For sure I will bring the Rubi with me just in case you know some good runs

jeep'n, Subscibed to your vids. Do you do road trips to get footage? I know a camp you would get some great vids and the food is awesome.
The Eagle is modified with Fast Flyte power cables......Smooth, Fast and Quiet and it will be up for sale soon, I have another project bow I am building.

Almost had a Timber Wolf (100+ pounds) ten yard shot but he busted me on the draw. Saw 4 this year, more than I have ever seen in my life to this point in one trip.

6 shares of moose meat at 85 pounds (bone out) per share, I Love hunting Moose
Old 10-21-2010, 12:56 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SwampRunner
Thanks Guys,

AK4Dave, The Ontario Bulls are a bit smaller than those Big boys you have In Alaska for sure.
Oh yes I realize that. That's why I said "Nice" little bull, because he is a good one for your neck of the woods. But scoring him with an arrow is what makes it pretty special as far as I'm concerned. Hell, even a spike fork moose would be great with an arrow. They are such massive critters, you better know where that arrow is going for sure. God help you if you stick one in a shoulder bone. I always wanted to kill one with a traditional bow, but just never made it. I'm sure you've probably heard of the famous bowhunter Larry D Jones...??? He was along videoing when I guided that bowhunter I mentioned above. After the hunt Larry told me he thought I really should take up bowhunting and actually sent me one of his bows that he didn't use. Unfortunately the recurve was a bit too big for me and I ended up letting it go, in hopes of get a different one.......which I never did. I still may try someday.
All the Best from AK....

Quick Reply: JK Bowhunters Pics & Videos