Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Hog, Bobcats, and Yotes from this past yr ( Warning Graphic)

Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO it was only half the family The meat is great man just try to take the right size anything to big has that game taste. Thers plenty of rounds out there that will take a hog 30.06 is one of them good luck how are things down in Katy I grew up near there on HWY6
Old 01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NTXJK
...how are things down in Katy I grew up near there on HWY6
It's kewl down here...only prob is I got nowhere to go shooting - no land, don't know anyone "with" land...ugh! I wish there were places around here or even a drive away that you could go take a hog or just go shoot off some rounds...

You have any ideas as you were from here? The only place to go is the Westheimer shooting center...and that get's boring fast!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Junkie

All the places we used to hunt or shoot was private property and is now sold off for some shopping center and neighbor hoods what a shame Katy was real country back in the days now theres no where to play
Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

NTXJK awesome hogs one of these days I'm going to make it down there to hunt'em. Have you heard about the 1800 lb hog they took in La?? I figured you're only a state away and maybe caught word of it. BTW what round did you use to drop the hog with the revolver?
Old 01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lc619fr
NTXJK awesome hogs one of these days I'm going to make it down there to hunt'em. Have you heard about the 1800 lb hog they took in La?? I figured you're only a state away and maybe caught word of it. BTW what round did you use to drop the hog with the revolver?
I heard it was fake but theres been some big ones lurking around, I used a tracker .44 mag 240gr
Old 01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

I figured it was fake got the article in the email and threw the bullsh*t card just figured I'd ask.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Junkie

Some of the pics of monster hogs floating around are not wild hogs there domestic hogs running wild and can get F huge floppy ears and stubby faces is not considered a wild hog, wild hogs snouts are longer and ears stay point up and rarely get over 500lbs. I hope you get the chance to drop one, its one hell of a rush there mean as hell and very smart animals

Quick Reply: Hog, Bobcats, and Yotes from this past yr ( Warning Graphic)