Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Glock 1911

Old 05-28-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have glocks for play time. I carry a Springfield 1911 for protection. Call me old fashioned but I just threw up in my mouth
Old 05-28-2012, 11:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
To me the MP5 is easier to keep on target than the UMP. It may just be that I am used to the roller lock guns more or the extra weight makes them more stable... I dunno. The UMP is a direct blowback gun and maybe that makes it a little less accurate but the bolt isn't really heavy and doesn't rock the gun when firing like the heavy bolt in an open bolt SMG like a UZI so I think maybe it is just what I am used to. I would say that the 9mm UMP is easier to control than a 9mm M16 wich is also direct blowback. The M16 9mm usually runs faster though. I am not sure how they made the UMP run so slow with a direct blowback and such a short stroke and light weight. It really is an amazing machine. They made a submachine gun that weighs a couple pounds less than the mp5, costs less, and somehow runs slower. HK has wizards in their design team I think. I would love to have a UMP but would not give up a MP5 for one.
What you just described here is what I was refering to as a bullet hose, easy to keep on target. Part of the issue we had was that the UMP would flex because of the polymer frame just wasn't as ridged as it should be in my opinion. We were getting around 450 to 475 pounds per minute with the UMP in 40 S&W. I would love to get my hands on one of the FBI's MP5/10 thats chambered for the 10mm because that would be one fun gun.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I see that photo posted on april 1st usually. The real gun they photoshopped to make it look glock-like is a super nice gun that I would love to have!!! The gun is a ED Brown Molon Labe. It is sexy. The photo they used is from the 2010 Shot show.

Pic they used:

Wow, that really is a good photoshop job. I looked carefully to see if I could tell if it was a fake after I saw your picture, and the only thing I can see is the lighting on the barrel and grip don't match quite right. You can see the left side of the grip is shaded, but the left side of the barrel reflects light. If the light really was coming from two directions as indicated, the shading wouldn't be as strong as it is on the grip.

Although if Glock really did make a 1911, I would definitely be curious and hesitant. The two models are completely different and crossing into other territory can be disastrous.

Quick Reply: Glock 1911