Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Glock 1911

Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Glock 1911

I read about this last night and asked my local FFL about it today. He says hes hearing they are going to make it.
Im sure its going to be affordable, shoot well, constructed well but it just seems like such an odd fit. I would rather see them make a carbine than this.

Read More about it here.
The Firearm Blog » Glock 1911 : Real or Fake?

Click image for larger version

Name:	glock_1911-tfb.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	321669
Old 05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you , seems to be an odd combination. I wont lie, Ill be one of the first people in line to get a sneak peak of it.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

Of course! while its a Glock 1911 ITS A GLOCK 1911!

How about a Glock M4 or Glock version of an MP5.
Originally Posted by Sapper12b
I wont lie, Ill be one of the first people in line to get a sneak peak of it.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:17 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see that photo posted on april 1st usually. The real gun they photoshopped to make it look glock-like is a super nice gun that I would love to have!!! The gun is a ED Brown Molon Labe. It is sexy. The photo they used is from the 2010 Shot show.

Pic they used:

Old 05-26-2012, 01:28 PM
JK Freak

Disappointed, completely in the opposite direction Glock was built for!!
Old 05-26-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

this question was raised last fall when I was at a Glock Armorer school and according to the Glock Armorer Trainer (Dennis Tuller) Glock has no plans of making a 1911 pistol. Now if the pistols they were showing were the polymer framed ones like Kimber used to make then I could see it as a possiblity but the problem is the polymer framed 1911's havent gotten the respect from the pureists and haven't done very well.

As far as a polymer MP5 goes H&K made one its called the UMP. Having shot both of them it was no improvment over the MP5. I know when the State Highway patrol was switching over to UMP's from MP5's those that had the MP5's would forget to bring them to the range to trade them out and they had to go pick them up at there houses because after shooting the UMP they realize they weren't that good. Slower rate of fire and less accurite.

Last edited by grumpy1; 05-26-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Freak

As neat as it would be to see a GLock 1911, ill admit im happy to hear this is an April Fools joke. Had it been true, i couldnt help but feel Glock would be selling out. I was not aware that the UMP was a polymer version of the MP5.

Correct me if im wrong, arent most PD's trading in the carbines for M4's?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes you are correct that most PDs are trading in the MP5/UMP for the M4/ AR15. The UMP isn't a polymer MP5 exactlly but it was marketed as the MP5's replacement. I just know that it wasn't near the bullet hose that the MP5 was or have the accuricy of the MP5. Also there is a polymer AR15 out there, its called the Carbon 15. The orgional company was bought out by Bushmaster about 5 or 6 years ago and Bushmaster has put their name on it and still is selling them. they're kind of cute little rifles but the down side to them is that they aren't accessory freindly, at least if you plan on swapping fore ends and other parts (at least with the orignal Carbon 15 I haven't looked at the Bushmaster ones).
Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not arguing with you at all as it sounds like you have used both platforms a bit but I personally own a couple mp5's and hk53's(the mp5 sized 5.56)... I have to say that the only one that is really a "bullet hose" is my k gun. It has a faster rate of fire. The standard mp5 is around 750 rpm with the sd running a little bit slower maybe and different ammo changing the rpm maybe 50 or so either way. Throwing a can on the end can speed it up a little too but not much. Now the k is more like 900-950rpm depending on ammo, configuration, and if it has a can. Like a can on a k with a 80* locking piece is a little slower than with a 100* but I can't tell the difference between a 100* and a 110* excet the 110* runs better with a stock. Anyway. The 53 is about the same speed as the standard mp5 or maybe a tad slower. Unfortunately we cannot have a FA UMP in the states unless you are LE/MIL but I have shot the 9mm and 45acp ones a couple times. Never shot the 40cal one. I think they are more around 6-700 RPM depending on ammo and can but I wouldn't swear to it. They are a tiny bit slower though for sure. Just not much.

To me the MP5 is easier to keep on target than the UMP. It may just be that I am used to the roller lock guns more or the extra weight makes them more stable... I dunno. The UMP is a direct blowback gun and maybe that makes it a little less accurate but the bolt isn't really heavy and doesn't rock the gun when firing like the heavy bolt in an open bolt SMG like a UZI so I think maybe it is just what I am used to. I would say that the 9mm UMP is easier to control than a 9mm M16 wich is also direct blowback. The M16 9mm usually runs faster though. I am not sure how they made the UMP run so slow with a direct blowback and such a short stroke and light weight. It really is an amazing machine. They made a submachine gun that weighs a couple pounds less than the mp5, costs less, and somehow runs slower. HK has wizards in their design team I think. I would love to have a UMP but would not give up a MP5 for one.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

I own two Glocks but I'd wait a bit before jumping on a Glock made 1911

Last edited by IZZNICE; 05-28-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Glock 1911