Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Game Camera

Old 10-31-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Game Camera

Which ones do you all think are decent. I used to use cuddeback till there quality and warranty went to crap.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a moultrie that I left out since last January and picked it up 2 weeks ago and it still had 30% battery life left and about 300 pics on it I even had a pregnant doe then the spotted fawn came a month or so later it was pretty cool to see the pics it was like time lapse photos so definitely recommend it
Old 11-20-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

I was also wonderin about getting some input on trail cams everyone perfers as well...... I'm looking to buy about 3 before the end of the year. Inferad or regular flash? & Why? What brands?Now that deer seasons over in my neck of the woods the plan is to place a few out for a couple of months during rut and with out any hunting pressure.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I always use Infrared to keep the flash down, I have found that I get more pictures of the larger bucks without a flash. I think that most animals get used to the flash after a little while, but it seems that the more skittish and larger deer tend to shy away from them. Here is a picture a friend of mine captured here in Texas.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Imrahil
I always use Infrared to keep the flash down, I have found that I get more pictures of the larger bucks without a flash. I think that most animals get used to the flash after a little while, but it seems that the more skittish and larger deer tend to shy away from them. Here is a picture a friend of mine captured here in Texas.

What a picture of a nice buck and the kittythanks for sharein, If infread is used whats a good one thats not over $150.....how far out dose the infread flash work?
Old 11-20-2011, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on the Moultrie. Using the mfh dgs m100 this year and no external power. It's been the perfect combo of bat life to storage.
Bought it as a replacement and because it was the cheapest IR I could find. Would do it again because I cannot find any faults with it.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Since starting this thread I've used 3 different ones moultree ir55 Wildgame innovations micro 4 red and primos 46. So far my favorite is the Wildgame. I put the moultree and Wildgame on the same post and the Wildgame had more pics. Not to mention that it was set to take a pic every 1min and mtree was set at 30 seconds. I even got a pic of good buck the mtree had missed. Pics on primos are good I just haven't got many yet.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Imrahil
I think that kitty would have to disappear if that was my feeder. I would want to be the sole predator hunting it.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by walynw
Which ones do you all think are decent. I used to use cuddeback till there quality and warranty went to crap.
Bushnell trophy cam....

I have had others and returned them all.... this seems to hold up to cattle crushing and brushing them, also have a great battery life.
I have had same batteries since July and about 4000 pics taken.

it uses AA batteries pay for the cam or pay for the batteries....I chose to pay for the cam. They are on sale for black friday at cabellas for the 8mp $169
if you find the 5 mp cams for close to $100-125 basically same cam with less megapix.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by walynw
I think that kitty would have to disappear if that was my feeder. I would want to be the sole predator hunting it.
I'm with you.....First thing I thought of was....damn cat, somebody shoot that thing...!!!

Quick Reply: Game Camera