Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Firearms Refresher Course

Old 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firearms Refresher Course

This has been around for awhile but I never get tired of reading it. So I thought you might enjoy this refresher course.

1. "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson

2. "Those who trade liberty for security have neither." ~ John Adams

3. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

4. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

5. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

6. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

7. You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

8. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

9. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

10 Assault is a behavior, not a device.

11 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

12 The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved.

13 The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

14 What part of 'shall not be infringed' do you NOT understand?

15 Guns have only two enemies; rust and politicians.

16 When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

17 The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

"I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of"

Last edited by AK4Dave; 10-09-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Right on!!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thomas Jefferson

has a treasure trove of 2nd Amendment quotes.

"The constitutions of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves;
that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property and freedom
of the press."

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

My favorite firearms related quote, albeit not attributable to any of our founding fathers...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Old 10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChrisLe
My favorite firearms related quote, albeit not attributable to any of our founding fathers...

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
That's great!

You guys are making me want to buy more ammo

Thanks for the refresher course AK4Dave!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pyite
has a treasure trove of 2nd Amendment quotes.

"The constitutions of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves;
that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property and freedom
of the press."

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago.
All great for sure. I have to wonder what he meant, "freedom of property" when he said that way back then. Because if you ask me we sure don't have that now. Even if your place is paid for you still have to pay taxes on it. So to me it sure ain't free. And as we all know, "they" can pretty much take it, or force you to sell it, anytime they really want to....
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
That's great!

You guys are making me want to buy more ammo

Thanks for the refresher course AK4Dave!
You bet.......never hurts to hear it again now does it...???!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Amen brother That gives me the warm & fuzzies all over.

Back in WWII, I've read that the Japanese were afraid to attack the US because as Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
Old 10-14-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi

Yes....I think he was a pretty smart man. Remember what else he said? A pretty interesting short read....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoroku...ng_giant_quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Always remember that the iron core of America was forged by armed men with a pioneer spirit, shaped by resourceful men that would not accept tyranny and who hungered for liberty, and nurtured by those of us that will not accept mediocrity, or defeat.

I have a foreign exchange student in one of my classes, she is from France and is outspoken that ALL guns should be banned. When a student asked her why, she said that they are used to kill people. The student replied that YES they kill people, MOSTLY bad people, and a good portion of them were used to kill the bad people that took her country over TWICE!!! Oh and by the way it was AMERICANS with guns that gave her her crappy little country back. He is SERIOUSLY getting an A from me for this trimester, and Froggy girl is very quiet now....

There are those in out OWN nation that out of ignorance, fear, and even malice want to disarm us. WE must never become the sheep that live to our east and who are seeing their countries falling apart and capitulating to the terrorists and radicals. I know from first hand experience that the ONLY way to negotiate with a muslim radical jihadist a$$h0le is with SEVERAL rifle bullets, save the hugs for your own family back home. Anyone that wants to tell me how to stop wars, "all get along and live in happy peace and harmony" and embrace the world in a big 'ol global hug need to go to Afghanistan or Iraq, wear a cross around their necks, and see how long they keep their head attached.

Quick Reply: Firearms Refresher Course