Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Elk hunting colorado

Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited5.7

Smartass!
Ha...!!!...I know....I was actually trying to be one that time. Just razzin' ya bud after your huge statement which I didn't believe for a minute....lol. I've lived here for almost 30 years now and I've never hunted either of them myself.

Yea, I have to say there is nothing like calling in a big 60"+ bull up close and personal. They are massive critters and look like mountains standing there. But after the kill they can be a LOT of work. If you do ever come up here tho, of course go for a moose if that's what you want, but, if you are young and in good shape, you may want to consider a sheep hunt. I can't count how many moose kills I've been on, either on my own or when I was guiding. But when it comes down to it, hunting the white ram up in his element is nothing short of magical.

BTW........Fell in love with the CO. Rockies when my father and I got to fulfill a long time dream of hunting elk there back in 97'. A former hunter I guided took us back into the Raggeds Wilderness area by horseback. Dad and I both only killed little raghorns, but it was the time of our lives....!!!

Good luck on your upcoming season...
Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AK4Dave

Ha...!!!...I know....I was actually trying to be one that time. Just razzin' ya bud after your huge statement which I didn't believe for a minute....lol. I've lived here for almost 30 years now and I've never hunted either of them myself.

Yea, I have to say there is nothing like calling in a big 60"+ bull up close and personal. They are massive critters and look like mountains standing there. But after the kill they can be a LOT of work. If you do ever come up here tho, of course go for a moose if that's what you want, but, if you are young and in good shape, you may want to consider a sheep hunt. I can't count how many moose kills I've been on, either on my own or when I was guiding. But when it comes down to it, hunting the white ram up in his element is nothing short of magical.

BTW........Fell in love with the CO. Rockies when my father and I got to fulfill a long time dream of hunting elk there back in 97'. A former hunter I guided took us back into the Raggeds Wilderness area by horseback. Dad and I both only killed little raghorns, but it was the time of our lives....!!!

Good luck on your upcoming season...
Thanks! I hope this year is the start of many elk hunts with my dad. Kinda a life time thing I've always wanted to do, go with him on an elk hunt.

Quick Reply: Elk hunting colorado