Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Charter Arms.....

Old 01-13-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a charter arms revolver it pretty solid built. but its 38 so i consider it back up. shoots good
Old 01-18-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knotaddicted
The original Charter Arms went bankrupt in the 90's. It was reopened by a different family. I have an original Charter Arms undercover .38 special, and as others have said, not the best gun, but it is small, and servicable. I would hate to have to fire a bunch of rounds through it though, as the grip is rather uncomfortable. I am not familiar with the new ones though.
i have one of the new 38 undercover, with a larger grip for my bear mits stuck on my arms put 50 rounds threw the first day and she handled like a champ nice and compact, my summer carry when i dont have a coat to cover my 45 acp
Old 01-18-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dog Doc
What he said!

If you are looking for a conceal piece, the Ruger LCR is very impressive. I know there are die hard Smith fans out there but side to side the trigger on the Ruger is different and seems much more accurate to me.
Maybe a nicer trigger but I've seen and held the LCR vs. S&W airweights and was surprised the S&W snubbies were just as light and seemed smaller in size.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
Maybe a nicer trigger but I've seen and held the LCR vs. S&W airweights and was surprised the S&W snubbies were just as light and seemed smaller in size.
Maybe just a little bit, but I dont believe the difference would be at all negative for concealability.... I just couldn't stand the S$W trigger after pulling the Ruger!... This was more important to me
Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

cheap revolver that i trust my life on... its my "downstairs gun" and sits under my lounge chair. Always goes boom and accurate enough for the range in my house.

Quick Reply: Charter Arms.....