Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

CCW purchase soon.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:11 PM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Walther PPS 9mm in a Theis IWB holster Incredibly comfortable, small, and plenty of stopping power (especially when loaded with defense ammo).
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions. I do like the PF3 and the SR40 after reading the specs on it. Might need to look at them at my local gun shops. Caliber; yeah way old discussion and no need to ever hash it out. Hopefully I can get something soon, otherwise I will just carry something I already have.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Ccw

had the glock 30 subcompact .45, and liked it, just a bit big in the hand, so I went with the glock 26, subcompact 9mm and love it.

I would go to a gun shop and rent the various calibers you asked about and pick the one that fits best for you.

joe
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are going to buy a big gun, love it, then stop carrying it cuz its too big, unless you are a very large framed person. I've carried a 9mm alot, its hard unless its winter, and its still hard. I now carry a S&W .380 bodyguard since I can tuck it anywhere, I use a remora holster. For 9mm don't overlook the CZ-75 and its variants, very in-expensive for world class gun.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I recently got my CWP and am going to go with the S&W Shield, having owned other S&W products I love their quality.
The shield is super thin and fit nicely, for me, in the hand. The Shield comes with two mags, one flush and the other extended a bit for $399.00 New.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cant go wrong with Glock 19 for your price range. If you were willing to spend a little more I would so Hk P30 in 9mm
Old 07-20-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jgerhard
You are going to buy a big gun, love it, then stop carrying it cuz its too big, unless you are a very large framed person. I've carried a 9mm alot, its hard unless its winter, and its still hard. I now carry a S&W .380 bodyguard since I can tuck it anywhere, I use a remora holster. For 9mm don't overlook the CZ-75 and its variants, very in-expensive for world class gun.

Better listen to this guy. It will sit on your nightstand and rot. Buy a small thin weapon if you plan on carrying it.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Norty
Cant go wrong with Glock 19 for your price range. If you were willing to spend a little more I would so Hk P30 in 9mm
You can for ccw. I have a usp compact that i thought ibwas gonna carry aroud. They are huge in comparison with actual compact not a smaller version of a larger weapon. Any double stack pistol is gonna be visible to others that know what to look for.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clemons
You can for ccw. I have a usp compact that i thought ibwas gonna carry aroud. They are huge in comparison with actual compact not a smaller version of a larger weapon. Any double stack pistol is gonna be visible to others that know what to look for.
Bad info......all depends on how you carry. I can carry a Fullsize USP45 AIWB and you would never know even if you knew.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Norty

Bad info......all depends on how you carry. I can carry a Fullsize USP45 AIWB and you would never know even if you knew.
You have lost it or you are a huge man. I am 165 lbs if I carried a usp45 in the summer I would be the first one dead.

Quick Reply: CCW purchase soon.