Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Carry one in the chamber?

Old 08-11-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hawgrider1200

Do you really think that carying a single action revolver with the transfer bar that only comes into place to transfer the inertia from the hammer to the primer when the hammer is in the full cock position is anything like having an auto loader cocked and locked? That's like comparing apples to oranges.
Sounds to me that you might protest too much. R U one of them police that shoots first and asks questions later? What about that 90 year old woman that ended up with 6 cops unloading into her? Tell me they ain't trigger happy.

I suppose you also advocate the no-knock warrant. I hope you come bust down my door in the wee hours of the morning.

As far as coorelation to the thread, I see trained persons advocating the disregard for basic firearm safety which in my book is just like those pigs in IDAHO who were pointing weapons at unarmed civilians. My dad always told me not to point a gun at anyone you did not intend to kill. An unarmed civilian would be a non-target. If you still fail to see the coorelation I suggest you just don't want too.
DUDE! DUDE! Did you skip your ritalin today? Are you also known as Gunkid? Do you advocate in favor of the tactical wheelbarrow?

This IS NOT a cop thread. An SAA is irrelevant, even bring it up displays a total lack of basic understanding of the topic. And apples to oranges, I would feel just as safe with a condition 1, 1911, as any modern single action revolver.

And what is this fixation on Ruby Ridge? And no-knock warrants?

Learn what gun safety really is, sometimes ya gotta take em out of the safe.

REALLY, lose the attitude, you are in over your head.

Last edited by yetibear; 08-15-2008 at 09:39 PM. Reason: error! error! lol
Old 08-11-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issue! to carry one in chamber or not

why don't you respond to what i'm saying instead of just trying to insult me? Maybe you are not equiped!

Is it or is it not the first thing firearm safety advocates teach ya? Not to carry with one in chamber!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

I always remember "Treat every gun as if it were loaded" to be first, but that's just me.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why don't you respond to what i'm saying instead of just trying to insult me? Maybe you are not equiped!

Is it or is it not the first thing firearm safety advocates teach ya? Not to carry with one in chamber!
Ok fair enough.
1) I was not just trying!
2) I really don't know what there is to respond to, I don't see where Ruby Ridge has anything to do with this.
3) I may not be equipped, but I am strapped.
4) No "it not the first thing firearm safety advocates teach ya", see Robar's post above, that is rule #1

Stop the cop bashing, this is not the thread for that.
Get over your fear of loaded guns.
Stop talking to us like we are in your Hunter Safety class, breaking open the action, when you cross a fence line, has no bearing on this discussion.

And just so we can get passed this, for the last time:

4) No "it not the first thing firearm safety advocates teach ya", see Robar's post above, that is rule #1
Treat every gun as if it were loaded
Old 08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yetibear

Every gun I have/carry IS loaded.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my #1 rule is to not drive the jeep when im loaded
Old 08-11-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by davebloomer
my #1 rule is to not drive the jeep when im loaded
That's a good one too.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you really think that carying a single action revolver with the transfer bar that only comes into place to transfer the inertia from the hammer to the primer when the hammer is in the full cock position is anything like having an auto loader cocked and locked? That's like comparing apples to oranges.
Sounds to me that you might protest too much. R U one of them police that shoots first and asks questions later? What about that 90 year old woman that ended up with 6 cops unloading into her? Tell me they ain't trigger happy.

I suppose you also advocate the no-knock warrant. I hope you come bust down my door in the wee hours of the morning.

As far as coorelation to the thread, I see trained persons advocating the disregard for basic firearm safety which in my book is just like those pigs in IDAHO who were pointing weapons at unarmed civilians. My dad always told me not to point a gun at anyone you did not intend to kill. An unarmed civilian would be a non-target. If you still fail to see the coorelation I suggest you just don't want too.
Wow, you've got some.... well let's just call them issues.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gypsy
Never said I was an expert. But how do you know what I am or am not allowed to carry or trained to do? I'm in law enforcement. I know a whole heck of a lot about guns. And people's response to them. Which you would have known if you had paid attention to any of my other posts in this thread. I am awfully good shooting paper but I wouldn't want to discharge a f/a in a bus load of people.
Fair enough, I did look at your posts. I must have missed the LE references though, my fault.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spencenaz
Wow, you've got some.... well let's just call them issues.
OK, I guess I can go along with you that I have issues. The very thought of a no-knock warrant makes me angry. I thought there was constitutional admendment that kept police from that sort of nonsence. Ruby ridge and that kinda "justice" makes me angry. What our forefathers did to the NATIVE INHABITANTS of this land that they stole makes me angry. What our government did in WACO TEXAS also makes me angry. I guess that would make me a nut case in some people's eyes. BLIND FAITH IN YOUR GOVERNMENT CAN GET YOU KILLED JUST ASK GERMAN JEWS.

Quick Reply: Carry one in the chamber?