Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Carry one in the chamber?

Old 08-09-2008, 03:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yetibear
You are from Ontario, that doesn't count. But yeah, both is possible, but there ain't much else to do here but pick on the Quebecois.

I wrote down Ontario cause most people probl. don't know where Gatineau Qc, is but yeah I'm a real québecois and proud of it too so pick on somebody else cause we're are a minority and we could be offended !!!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by spencenaz
  • The way you talk "aboot it"
    Ya ya....Y'all and Youse
  • How much we friggin' hate Celine Dion & Alan Thicke
    Celine Dion I can understand, but Alan Thicke? Cmon?
    Might I remind you of Liberace?

• The way you call ham, bacon
    No, ham is ham...bacon is bacon...and what you call "Canadian bacon" is called peameal Bacon here.
  • The fact that we are way better than you at ice hockey now even though you invented the sport.

HA HA HA...you said that just to get a rise out of me didnt you? Stats dont lie, look up the amount of Canadians that are in the NHL vs the US. Nuff Said

• Or the fact that Canada is just America's hat. http://boards.ign.com/teh_vestibule/...67509126/p1/?1

Ya but we are a really big hat, you know, bigger than the head we sit on.

However, I will give kudos to your country for:
  • Don Cherry (funny guy)
    Lives about 30 min from here on Wolfe Island....I agree
  • SCTV
    Pure Win
  • And helping us expel the Nazis from Europe in in WWII

Ya you are welcome for that, thanks for showing up 2 years late though

LOL thanks....this was fun....here is something for you to check out for a laugh:

Talking to Americans
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackjkrubi
I wrote down Ontario cause most people probl. don't know where Gatineau Qc, is but yeah I'm a real québecois and proud of it too so pick on somebody else cause we're are a minority and we could be offended !!!
Well I would never try to offend a member of any minority around here. I would have to apologize if I did, but the purpose of international borders are to allow the residents of each side to hurl insults at each other under the protection of armed border guards.

And remember, you lied about you place of origin, and hid your Quebecois(notice I capitalized the Q out of respect, you didn't)-ness. Had I known you were Quebecois, from Quebec, I would have been much more insulting because there are extra border patrol personnel on duty for the weekend and I would have felt safe. And we are all armed also, it's a lot easier to insult people, and display rude, boorish behavior when you have the guns and they don't.

But I did enjoy Expo '69, 70, 71, 72, Man and His World, and all the great strip clubs in Magog & Sherbrook.

(but just in case I did offend you I apologize, wasn't my intent.)
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yetibear
Well I would never try to offend a member of any minority around here. I would have to apologize if I did, but the purpose of international borders are to allow the residents of each side to hurl insults at each other under the protection of armed border guards.

And remember, you lied about you place of origin, and hid your Quebecois(notice I capitalized the Q out of respect, you didn't)-ness. Had I known you were Quebecois, from Quebec, I would have been much more insulting because there are extra border patrol personnel on duty for the weekend and I would have felt safe. And we are all armed also, it's a lot easier to insult people, and display rude, boorish behavior when you have the guns and they don't.

But I did enjoy Expo '69, 70, 71, 72, Man and His World, and all the great strip clubs in Magog & Sherbrook.

(but just in case I did offend you I apologize, wasn't my intent.)

I have to go back to Ogensburg NY next week to pick up more parts at the UPS store, should I just send my Ontarian-english speaking wife instead ??? I guess it would be safer for me .....

no apologies necessary....
Old 08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to go back to Ogensburg NY next week to pick up more parts at the UPS store, should I just send my Ontarian-english speaking wife instead ??? I guess it would be safer for me .....
No, you can come yourself, your money is good here.........now.

no apologies necessary....
That is what I thought, but I just wanted to be sure we were seeing things the same.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Fight or flight is not a military term. It's instinctual, it's in your DNA. Every human and most animals on the planet have a fight or flight instinct. Even those from Canada.

And how exactly do all these people that live in a country that doesn't allow you to carry a gun, let alone a concealed gun become such experts on the subject of carrying guns? You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I fail to see how you could be an authority on the subject.
Sorry, I was away for the weekend.

A) Never said flight or fight is a military term. I said that a member of a military organization would have a different response than a non-military one.

B) Never said I was an expert. But how do you know what I am or am not allowed to carry or trained to do? I'm in law enforcement. I know a whole heck of a lot about guns. And people's response to them. Which you would have known if you had paid attention to any of my other posts in this thread. I am awfully good shooting paper but I wouldn't want to discharge a f/a in a bus load of people.

PS. Don Cherry lives in Mississauga. His cottage is in Wolfe Island. I've seen him walking his dog in his underwear. That's got to make me an expert in something.

Last edited by Gypsy; 08-10-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Someone being trained in tactics and/or firearms does not necessarily have anything to do with how any particular person will react in a high-stress life or death situations. It has a lot to do with a person's mental make up, what they have on the inside. I have seen both a "highly trained" individual freeze under high stress and I have also seen an individual who was thought to be somewhat of a moron become a hero in the same circumstance. Hindsight is of course 20/20 and you can only say how you would react if you had been there to react, or not.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
Someone being trained in tactics and/or firearms does not necessarily have anything to do with how any particular person will react in a high-stress life or death situations. It has a lot to do with a person's mental make up, what they have on the inside. I have seen both a "highly trained" individual freeze under high stress and I have also seen an individual who was thought to be somewhat of a moron become a hero in the same circumstance. Hindsight is of course 20/20 and you can only say how you would react if you had been there to react, or not.
Absolutely agree with you - which is what I was trying to say earlier no amount of bravado is going to predict how you will react. However, I do believe that someone with a military history may have already experienced such a situation and may have a calmer head for high risk take down situations. Therefore, I think they might be better able to speak about what they woulda coulda mighta done in such a situation as opposed to someone who has just played one too many rounds of Grand Theft Auto. That was my only point about some of the varying views in this thread.

Also, I find it interesting that it is the people who have been in that situation or at least have been trained to be in that situation who are saying you won't know until you live it and those who have never saying they would put a round in the guy's head.

Mind you, I'm not an expert.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gypsy
Absolutely agree with you - which is what I was trying to say earlier no amount of bravado is going to predict how you will react. However, I do believe that someone with a military history may have already experienced such a situation and may have a calmer head for high risk take down situations. Therefore, I think they might be better able to speak about what they woulda coulda mighta done in such a situation as opposed to someone who has just played one too many rounds of Grand Theft Auto. That was my only point about some of the varying views in this thread.

Also, I find it interesting that it is the people who have been in that situation or at least have been trained to be in that situation who are saying you won't know until you live it and those who have never saying they would put a round in the guy's head.

Mind you, I'm not an expert.
X2 on that
Old 08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default What the f???

I really don't follow your logic here. You tell us we are unsafe for carrying a loaded weapon even though you yourself admit to carrying a loaded weapon?

And you insinuate that since some police officers carry loaded weapons that somehow they are more likely to kill innocent people? And you cite as proof of that the Ruby ridge incident? There were no accidental discharges or people killed due to gun safety violations. The incident was extremely tragic, and clearly there were incredible lapses in judgment by the BATF, US Marshalls and the FBI that led to the deaths of three people and a dog who were in fact innocent. But, I don't see any correlation to the subject of this thread.

"Innocent, that would be someone who has not gotten convicted by a jury." is a legal definition of innocence, and is a correct one. However, if Ted Bundy was alive and raping my sister or wife and I kill him, very few people will cry over his innocence. I suppose you would let him just have his way with your wife? Because he is innocent, right?

Do you really think that carying a single action revolver with the transfer bar that only comes into place to transfer the inertia from the hammer to the primer when the hammer is in the full cock position is anything like having an auto loader cocked and locked? That's like comparing apples to oranges.
Sounds to me that you might protest too much. R U one of them police that shoots first and asks questions later? What about that 90 year old woman that ended up with 6 cops unloading into her? Tell me they ain't trigger happy.

I suppose you also advocate the no-knock warrant. I hope you come bust down my door in the wee hours of the morning.

As far as coorelation to the thread, I see trained persons advocating the disregard for basic firearm safety which in my book is just like those pigs in IDAHO who were pointing weapons at unarmed civilians. My dad always told me not to point a gun at anyone you did not intend to kill. An unarmed civilian would be a non-target. If you still fail to see the coorelation I suggest you just don't want too.

Quick Reply: Carry one in the chamber?