Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Bow and Gun kills

Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bow and Gun kills

I cant believe I dont get the pics of these deer on the hauler on the back of the wrangler. I get so excited and busy with the deer i forget to snap a pic on the jeep! This is my october bow kill and my brothers gun kill. I have taken my brother with me gun hunting the last few years and this is only his 3rd deer. It was a great 10 pointer, grossed 154" Next year we wont be sitting together! Im cant let him have all the good ones!

Click image for larger version

Name:	october bow kill.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	107995Click image for larger version

Name:	josh buck.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	107996
Old 12-10-2010, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Nice kills
Old 12-10-2010, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Those look like horse with antlers. What the hell you feed those things? I'm not even going to post mine after seeing those big boys.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdriem
Those look like horse with antlers. What the hell you feed those things? I'm not even going to post mine after seeing those big boys.
Mine on the left was about average weight around here but my brothers buck on the right was a very big deer. We should have weighed him, probably around 290 pounds. The deer have tons to eat around us in ne missouri. Lots and lots of crops all around. Post your pics I would like to see them!!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by welker-jk
Mine on the left was about average weight around here but my brothers buck on the right was a very big deer. We should have weighed him, probably around 290 pounds. The deer have tons to eat around us in ne missouri. Lots and lots of crops all around. Post your pics I would like to see them!!
Nice deer. Here is my 8 point. Only 150 pounds but here in OK thats a good sized deer. Good luck the rest of the season.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0905.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	108802  
Old 12-11-2010, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice bucks, man.

Northeast Missouri is where it's at. Monsters up there. I shot a nice thick 9 pointer up on a friend's farm about 8 years ago. Huge rack and huge body. Big ole corn fed deer.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Not mine personally, but heres what my cousin shot pretty much back to back in a span of about 10 mins.

Old 12-12-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi

Well if you're gonna show moose.....lol

This is me "back in the day" when I was guiding up here. I called this moose in to about 20 feet for this nut job. I was in total awe at this monster and the first thing out of this guy's mouth when we walked up on it was....(in a whinny voice) "I wish it had 3 brow tines on each side" I was about to bitch slap him right then and there.... A 70" bull that any hunter in the world would give his left nut for and he has the nerve to say that....

Anyway...I have my 44 mag in the pic with me because I had to finish him off with it. It was because this guy shot him in the neck/spine and and didn't kill him. When I was calling the bull in I couldn't get the guy to relax a little, and he turned up his scope to full power and being so close he was lucky to even find it in the lens. Took him forever to shoot. I was sure the bull was gonna wind us and take off, but we got lucky.

Then it was off on a caribou hunt, where I did finally end up having words with this guy....

Last edited by AK4Dave; 12-12-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beauty Moose Dave!

Originally Posted by AK4Dave

I thought I would add these photos to the thread rather than make a new one!

My brother-in-law just sent me more pictures of another hog of a monster White tail. This buck was taken in manitoba near Cardale this past November...

The Story:
This was the boy's first buck shot at his grandparents house while eating at a pile of oats by the grain bin. He had it green scored at 296 5/8 & it should become a new Manitoba record. The boy's grandfather apparently seen another one very similar, one week later eating at the same grain bin

Old 12-17-2010, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's my first buck bowkill. 12 years ago. Shot it while hunting on the ground. I was sitting behind a tree when he came walking up the hill with his nose up a doe's ass. He saw me but didn't care. Only thing he was thinking about was that doe. 25 yard shot hit it perfect double lung and sliced the aorta. He ran probably 30 feet and went down. Blood spray all over... looked like the Manson family had been there.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	buck.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	110133  

Last edited by johnr41a; 12-17-2010 at 07:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Bow and Gun kills