Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Beretta 90-two? 9mm

Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Look being in the Army for 8 years and having dealt with only Beretta that entire time I would never buy one. Now my advice to you and to everyone else that asks me the same thing, go to a gun show and try to find that pistol. The best gun to own is the one that feels most comfortable in your hands, go to a gun show pick up and play with as many guns as you can find one that feels comfortable in your hands. Personally im very partial to the Springfield XD, i have a 4" ported barrel in .40 and 9mm i use both pistols for my monthly gun competitions.
I concur! I was in the Marines and we replaced our 1911's with used Army 92's. I would've kept my .45 any day of the week even though they were WWII left overs. At work I carry a Springfield XD45 5" Tactical. I transitioned from a DAO Sig P220. I wouldn't go back. I have shot Glocks, Sigs, Berrettas, Smiths, Revolvers, Rugers (total garbage), and a few others. I love my Springfield.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got out to a shop and tried several pistols out and in hand including the 90-Two. I have to say the XDm was one of the best fitting to my hand. Found a guy selling an XDm40 on the PAFOA site and just picked it up today. Got the whole kit with about 300 rounds down the pipe for $425. Thought it was a pretty good deal. Every item in the case including the pistol is in perfect shape. Shot just enough to have a nice broken in slide feel.
Thanks to everyone for their input and background on different guns.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

I have been shooting competitively for many years now and in my experience I have found that guns are much like the infamous Ford/Chevy debate. It is all personal preference, you will find guys who love glocks and hate glocks, love Beretta and hate Beretta. My suggestion is hold them in your hand and see which one you like the best.

Now for my opinion (sorry I couldn’t resist) I LOVE Berettas they are great guns and I have owned quite a few and have never had a problem. if you talk to MANY military men/women they all HATE the beretta. The reason for this is because they beat the hell out of them and our government never buys new ones. If you shoot any gun 25,000 times and not maintain it its going to have problems.

I know you mentioned wanting a full size gun. I find that my ALL AROUND FAVORITE full size gun is the 1911. There is a reason why they have been around since 1911 with virtually no changes. I know it is not the 9mm you wanted but they are such amazing guns. There are several companies that make the 1911 in a 9mm but it would be like buying a hummer and calling it a jeep what’s the point.

All and all the decision is up to you and no matter what you buy I am sure it will be great. just be safe with it and have fun. GOOD LUCK
Old 09-16-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by DtownJK
I got out to a shop and tried several pistols out and in hand including the 90-Two. I have to say the XDm was one of the best fitting to my hand. Found a guy selling an XDm40 on the PAFOA site and just picked it up today. Got the whole kit with about 300 rounds down the pipe for $425. Thought it was a pretty good deal. Every item in the case including the pistol is in perfect shape. Shot just enough to have a nice broken in slide feel.
Thanks to everyone for their input and background on different guns.
I glad you like your XDm and im glad you took my advise of going to a gun show. Its a huge difference from what you see online and when you have the actual pistol in hand. The very first time i picked up the XD i was like WOW, just amazed at how comfortable it was in my hand. As my every day carry i go with my Kimber 1911, i love that gun.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Incognito
"Italian design" ... not manufacturer. Nice try.

Wasn't trying anything just clarify. Sorry if i offended u.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's all good man; no offense taken. We're just a couple of civil servants talking shop

Sorry if I came off sounding like a dick.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

The XD is a great gun all around... so is the 90-Two. The best gun is one that fits you well. Weigh that agains need and use, finish with budget. The biggest difference between a Taurus and Kimber is the price.

Quick Reply: Beretta 90-two? 9mm