Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Attraction to guns?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is southern and there is Texan. From November to March on any given day I'll have an AR, shotgun, and a couple hand guns in my rig. the rest of the year a shotgun and maybe a handgun. I night for predators and I work in the getto so it's kind of a lifestyle thing I guess. Get interesting reactions from law enforcement when they want to look at what I have on me. Gotta love Texas, got chewed out once by a State Trooper because the shotgun in my YJ wasn't loaded. "...what's the point?! Oh wait mister bad guy while I load my gun?"
Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Boomy
There is southern and there is Texan. From November to March on any given day I'll have an AR, shotgun, and a couple hand guns in my rig. the rest of the year a shotgun and maybe a handgun. I night for predators and I work in the getto so it's kind of a lifestyle thing I guess. Get interesting reactions from law enforcement when they want to look at what I have on me. Gotta love Texas, got chewed out once by a State Trooper because the shotgun in my YJ wasn't loaded. "...what's the point?! Oh wait mister bad guy while I load my gun?"
I was told a long time ago by a guy I respected a lot........."a gun ain't no good unless it's loaded."
Old 11-17-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh I love this kind of subject......why to I get excited about guns?????? Well because I do, being in the military and exposed to various shooting sports I got the bug just like the jeep or mountain bikes. I used to shoot a lot of USPSA, IDPA, and 3 gun matches and of course with that comes having the latest and greatest guns and gun products.

I also believe in the right to carry which I did until I got stationed in VA (havent got my CCL for here yet) and the ability to protect my family, better to have and not need than need and not have.

As I come up to my 10 year wedding anniversary the wife and I decided that tin will not cut it, but a barret 50cal would. I think it will become a new family tradition in the family.

I say to each their own, but do not take away the rights of well trained, law abiding citizens to carry, protect and own guns.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by hurst11JK
Oh I love this kind of subject......why to I get excited about guns?????? Well because I do, being in the military and exposed to various shooting sports I got the bug just like the jeep or mountain bikes. I used to shoot a lot of USPSA, IDPA, and 3 gun matches and of course with that comes having the latest and greatest guns and gun products.

I also believe in the right to carry which I did until I got stationed in VA (havent got my CCL for here yet) and the ability to protect my family, better to have and not need than need and not have.

As I come up to my 10 year wedding anniversary the wife and I decided that tin will not cut it, but a barret 50cal would. I think it will become a new family tradition in the family.

I say to each their own, but do not take away the rights of well trained, law abiding citizens to carry, protect and own guns.
Well said and thank you for your service
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by hurst11JK
and not need than need and not have.

As I come up to my 10 year wedding anniversary the wife and I decided that tin will not cut it, but a barret 50cal would.
Now THAT'S what I call a anniversary gift....!!!

And thanks so much for your service as well...!!! :beer :
Old 11-18-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am amazed by this thread. Its been going since 2009. Every Canadian friend I have has a bad attitude towards americans owning guns. Don't really care why. I just don't discuss it with them...

My dad was in the US Army. I was an Army brat and grew up learning the proper way to own and use a firearm. My father refused to go hunting with his buddies. He always said he wouldn't shoot anything that couldn't shoot back.. After helping someone else clean up a deer I never wanted anything besides supermarket meat.

When I moved out on my own I did not own a firearm. I saw no need. I don't hunt and I felt confident that I could handle whatever came at me and if I died I had no one to protect so f-it... Then one crisp Arizona morning I was getting ready for work and I heard breaking glass. Sure enough someone was stealing my tools out of my work truck. I ran outside in my underware in hot pursuit. They ran like hell with 2 laptops in hand... I felt proud that I "scared them off". The next night they returned and stole my roommates van. That made me freak out a little. My response was to purchase a .45 acp.

As luck would have it two weeks later early Saturday morning I heard someone trying to get in the front door. I freaked! Grabbed the pistol out of the night stand and bolted for the living room. He went around to the back of the house and came through the sliding glass door! I walked towards him gun raised and instructed him to stop and put his hands on his head! We both almost pissed our pants! I put the gun to his forehead to stop it from shaking and yelled for my roommates to call the cops. Turns out it was the former occupant of the room I was renting. He came back because he left the title to his truck in the wall safe... After learning he was the person that left a closet full of urine filled beer bottles behind I regreted not shooting him...

This incident scared the shit out of me. I mean... what if!?!?!??!?! I had to shoot at him? What if I killed him?? What if I missed?? Holyshit! I only have 9 rounds! SO I went and bought an AK47 with a two 40 round clips and taped them together.. SO began the addiction...

My father used to tell me frequently that the world was full of screwed up people. They will try to take whatever you have because they are to worthless to earn it themselves or because they are just plain assholes.

Guns or not people will pillage, plunder and kill.. I'd rather shoot them then let them hurt my family...
Old 11-18-2011, 07:04 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Cold
After helping someone else clean up a deer I never wanted anything besides supermarket meat.
That right there could be the MAIN reason you don't eat wild game. If people don't take care of them meat it can be ruined REAL easy. If not ruined, very undesirable for the palate. My father always taught me to respect the animal by taking the utmost care in the handling of it's precious meat. Needless to say I have always taken his advise. I take my time, keep the meat extremely clean, and almost always to all the butchering myself. Believe me.....it pays off at the dinner table.

BTW.....Glad you didn't have to shoot the dumb ass......
Old 11-19-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

I grew up around guns, my parents make gun parts for the military (both directly and for companies such as fnmi and colt)... I was taught at an early age that guns are not toys and all the proper ways to handle a gun. I have a lot of respect for them because of this.

If you are afraid of guns its probably best you dont own one, go shooting with people who can show you the ins and outs and what not to do. The worst person to have a gun is the person who is afraid of it, thats when accidents and stupid stuff happens.

I respect peoples opinions who do not see guns the same way I do, and I always hope just like i respect their opinion they can respect mine. Going to art school I have had many people who I thought were friends decide to not talk to me after finding out my parents make gun parts which I thought was a bit insane.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by deederz
Going to art school I have had many people who I thought were friends decide to not talk to me after finding out my parents make gun parts which I thought was a bit insane.
(Their) ignorance is bliss.....
Old 01-03-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i get very excited when i get a new gun. it's like a mod for the jeep that lives near my bed.

Quick Reply: Attraction to guns?