Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Attraction to guns?

Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorrel
An AK and a .44 mag for home defense.
Wow I'm glad I don't live next door to you.
don't worry.....once those hollow points go through the bad guy, they'll be going pretty slow by the time they get to you.....
Old 10-29-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Cool

i have a ruger 10/22 and a AR 15 under my bed, both have clips with ammo next to them. but the guns are not loaded. i really like to hunt and just shoot at things. lol my avatar is actually from when i went target shooting. we had alot of weird looks when people pulled up next to us at a stop light
Old 10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Some once told me You can kill with a gun. You can kill with a bat. You can kill with a car. No one wants to outlaw driving to the park to hit a few balls.

my point it this.. for many it is a sport before it is a weapon
Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robar
This is true and even punching holes in paper is a fun way to use an afternoon.
I spent my afternoon doing exactly that. And I had a lot of fun doing it. Some people will just neveur get it no matter what gets said, I suspect this is just another one of those cases. I see the same tired old anti-gun rhetoric already starting from the first post. No one is ever going to change the other guys mind.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 10-30-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love to target shoot. The guns I enjoy shooting are the "assault rifle" type (not what I call them, that is what libtards call them) but all I ever shoot are stationary targets. I do not enjoy hunting, and I hope I never have to use a weapon of any type to defend myself or others but I will if required.

Guns are fun. Machine guns are loads of fun. The only thing not fun to me with a gun is hiding in "blind" 700 meters from a deer that has no idea you are lining up your cross-hairs from your $1300 optic on him and choosing the exact millimeter in the exact vertebrae that you want to place your shot. I don;t have a problem with hunting, I just personally find no sport in executing non-suspecting animal from half a state away. I especially do not see the sport when "hunters" set up feeding devices timed to throw food at the same time every day.... then one day a "hunter" with a .408 and a thermal imaging optic shoots him from a mile away while he eats dinner. I do not have a problem with this (for other people) I just have no interest in this myself.

Safely used firearms can be lots of fun, plus they are part of our American heritage.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
The only thing not fun to me with a gun is hiding in "blind" 700 meters from a deer that has no idea you are lining up your cross-hairs from your $1300 optic on him and choosing the exact millimeter in the exact vertebrae that you want to place your shot. I don;t have a problem with hunting, I just personally find no sport in executing non-suspecting animal from half a state away. I especially do not see the sport when "hunters" set up feeding devices timed to throw food at the same time every day.... then one day a "hunter" with a .408 and a thermal imaging optic shoots him from a mile away while he eats dinner.
Exactly why I bow hunt. When most of the shooting takes place at 20 yards you have to know what your doing.

I also enjoy target shooting from stationary to clay pigeons. To me shooting guns is no different than shooting pool its all for fun. I also carry a pistol most of the time. My reasoning behind it is "its like a condom I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it" to quote aliens vs predators.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought my first ar, an M&P 15OR, and i am just giddy to the core.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by pcart
To me shooting guns is no different than shooting pool its all for fun.
Depends on what you are shooting at.....
Old 11-17-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you live in Alaska (or anywhere that it's practical) and can hunt for your food that's one thing. A gun, however, is a reltively cheap way to level the playing field. Human nature is what it is. If it wasn't for the equalizing force of the gun, the nuclear bomb, the metal spear tip (you get the idea), the biggest, meanest guy or largest army would rule the planet. I would ague that the world is much less violent now than it would be if the gun did not exist. In BC or less poulated areas with strick gun laws, it my seem that there is little point in having guns. Take them away from law enforcement and see what happens in Vancouver though. In more populated areas, there are too many people to be controlled by guns in just the hands of law enforcement, it's just a numbers thing and you don't want a police force of one officer for every 100 people. A bad guy with a gun, or knife or rock, has to think twice when the population has legal right to arms.

As to the OPs question though, guns are cool. I would put an exclaimation point after my new purchase as well. I would not be excited about the prospect of using it on someone, but rather appreciating it for the attributes it has in workmanship/style/technology.....
Old 11-17-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have many reasons that I love, appreciate, and respect having a gun. First off, I'm a southerner so guns are a fact of life and sort of a right of passage where I come from. We hunt before we can spell and can take a gun apart, clean it, and put it back together before we can read so its just the way it is. As an adult female, I find myself home alone quite a bit and I take comfort in the fact that if someone breaks into my home, I can defend myself properly. Do I look forward to looking down the barrel of a gun at another human being, no, but will I if need be....YES!

Quick Reply: Attraction to guns?