Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

anyone mount a mossberg 'just in case' shotgun and survival kit to interior?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, yes, price
Old 07-28-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stormcooker
http://www.gunpundit.com/135.php

I'm thinking of mounting one to my roll bar
I would just get some pvc pipe cap the ends, paint however you want it to look, and wrap the shotgun and stick it in...
Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stormcooker
I would...nobody would know. Tint helps conceal it and I can lock it down
You're nuts, but I LIKE IT!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 12:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Christine
Cool, yes, price
About $325-350, depending on which finish you want (flat black or mariner).
Old 07-30-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJones944
Thinking like this leads to LEIN messages appearing every damn day about another firearm disappearing. If you cant take it with you...dont bother. If youre still considering than I would suggest doing some research on whether or not anybody has ever been in an active shooting where they were able to go to a vehicle, grab a firearm, and re-enter a firefight (with legitimate self defense purposes). Let me know if you find such a situation.
The moment Myrick heard shots, he ran to his truck. He unlocked the door, removed his gun from its case, removed a round of bullets from another case, loaded the gun and went looking for the killer. "I've always kept a gun in the truck just in case something like this ever happened," said Myrick, who has since become Principal of Corinth High School, Corinth, Miss.

This article was originally published in the Boulder Weekly, and is posted here by permission.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

I know it's pure fantasy....but I like to think of my jeep as a "survival vehicle" (even though I wash and wax it like a limosine). I know I'm delusional at times imagining a day when I need to get in the Jeep and run for the hills in a wartime or apocolyptic scenario so having a shotgun in it is comforting...but with it comes much responsibility. Like others say...better to have one and not need it vs. needing and not having. Is it worth the chance of it being stolen and falling into the wrong hands...probably not, but I'm not the practical type in all areas. I'm not looking forward to the day when I get pulled over and the cop asks me if I have any weapons in the car.

So I went to Gander Mountain and asked to see a Mossberg 500 JIC and measured the storage tube it comes in. It's about 30" across and appears to have a 7" diameter. I then went out to the Jeep and did some measuring. The roll bar mount Idea may not be ideal. I have to rethink it. One option could be to mount it to the hard-top ceiling across the rear window. but that's going to cut off visibility by a few inches and it may be difficult to remove. I may just settle for a locking storage box under the seat with a handgun once I get a permit
Old 08-02-2010, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

touche. Hope you buy a beefy lock.
No, no lock at all. I don't leave unattended firearms in my Jeep... well OK, sometimes (once in the last year) I will if I HAVE to run into the Post Office, but other than that no.

But thanks.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default other crappy states

Thank God I live in a state where its legal to carry a firearm in your vehicle or on your person (if its not concealed).
Old 08-02-2010, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thinking like this leads to LEIN messages appearing every damn day about another firearm disappearing. If you cant take it with you...dont bother. If youre still considering than I would suggest doing some research on whether or not anybody has ever been in an active shooting where they were able to go to a vehicle, grab a firearm, and re-enter a firefight (with legitimate self defense purposes). Let me know if you find such a situation.
ever heard of Road Rage or Carjacking?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Not very practical but very funny. I'd add in the S&W bear kit to boot. Then you'd be unstoppable!

Quick Reply: anyone mount a mossberg 'just in case' shotgun and survival kit to interior?