Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Anyone else love GSG-5s?

Old 03-03-2010, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else love GSG-5s?

Anyone else shoot these?

These GSG-5 22lr MP-5 Clones are just so much much fun! You just can't stop the fun when you get rolling

We got our 2nd one this weekend (The Carbine). Too bad H&K won the lawsuit and they will now be imported under the H&K name (raising the price by a few hundred). Found the carbine at a local gun show Saturday for a steal ($400).

Old 03-06-2010, 06:58 AM
JK Freak

The styling and features of the H&K MP5SD is one of my favorite weapons. I don't own one but its on my wish list.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
LF3
JK Newbie

My local dealer had one. I was tempted to buy, but didn't want to spend that much on a 22
Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 AM
JK Freak

I had one (borrowed) for a few weeks and what a blast that little gun was. Certainly put some rounds through it
Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
o2x
JK Newbie

I have one of these as well, but living in NJ I can only put 10 rounds in it :(

It's not that fun. lol.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by o2x
I have one of these as well, but living in NJ I can only put 10 rounds in it :(

It's not that fun. lol.
yes... when people are looking you have any land to go shoot on?

I have given up on ranges... all those pesky rules and safety procedures...
Old 03-31-2010, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

GSG-5's are the win!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=rnjstel;1592624]Anyone else shoot these?

These GSG-5 22lr MP-5 Clones are just so much much fun! You just can't stop the fun when you get rolling

We got our 2nd one this weekend (The Carbine). Too bad H&K won the lawsuit and they will now be imported under the H&K name (raising the price by a few hundred). Found the carbine at a local gun show Saturday for a steal ($400).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No they won't be sold under the H&K name. Though would not be surprised if H&K suddenly came out with a MP-5 .22 version of their own for like $1000.

No German Sport Guns can still produce the GSG-5 but it now is called the GSG-522. Physical changes have been made to the firearm so it does not look like an MP-5 but still retains the basic shape. The bump cocking handle is gone as well as the circular front sghts for example. Price is still about $550 for a new one. American Tactical Imports is the website if you want to see what other variations they carry.

Sweet little gun that shoots cheap ammo. Already gone through 1000 rounds with it. You will need a screw and nut kit for it as well as some loctite as after 1000 rounds the machine screws will start backing out.

Not a robust tactical firearm. More like a toy. Think of an airsoft mp-5 that shoots .22 bullets.

Last edited by Bug Stomper; 07-27-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think that is hot stuff..Check out the Sig 522 in the Swat version...With a red dot site this gun is about as fun as it gets...
Old 09-05-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

I'm being a nice guy and not busting balls....

To all retail customers:

On January 2010 American Tactical Imports Inc received official notification from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and explosives that the original barrel shroud (aka: fake suppressor) supplied with your GSG 5 SD model must be replaced. It has been determined that this shroud is regulated under the National Firearms Act. American Tactical will provide a replacement shroud at no charge for each GSG 5 SD model sold or currently in inventory.

Consumers in possession of a GSG 5 SD model with the original shroud in place on the firearm are now in violation of the NFA. To avoid continued violation of the NFA, ATI asks that all persons in possession obtain a replacement shroud as soon as possible. We anticipate arrival of the new shrouds to begin by the middle of February 2010.

IMPORTANT: THE ORIGINAL SD MODEL SHROUD MUST BE RETURNED ACOMPANIED BY THE FIREARM SERIAL NUMBER BEFORE A REPLACEMENT SHROUD IS ISSUED. THE DIAMETER OF THE SD SHROUD IS 1-9/16”. DO NOT RETURN THE SMALLER CARBINE SHROUD.

WHAT TO DO:
If possible return your old shroud to the dealer where purchased and show him this notice. The shroud will be returned to ATI along with a list of serial numbers from the guns that the shrouds were removed. ATI will send replacements to the dealer for pick up at your convenience; ATI will be sending replacements as fast as logistics allow. If your dealer is out of business or difficult to reach, or you purchased your gun used, from a consumer, return the shroud directly by US mail or UPS to American Tactical Imports Inc. 100 ******* Drive Rochester, NY 14624.

PLEASE TRY NOT TO CALL US. We will provide comprehensive information on our web site www.americantactical.us , and www.ar15.com or by e-mail to atiexchange@americantactical.us

REMEMBER, INCLUDE THE FIREARM SERIAL NUMBER WITH EACH SHROUD OR A REPLACEMENT WILL NOT BE ISSUED.

This action IS NOT being instituted through any fault and is strictly due to NFA compliance. American Tactical will assume the responsibility to satisfy the requirements in an effort to minimize the impact on our customers and protect your investment.

We at American Tactical Imports Inc. sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by this unfortunate situation.

Sincerely,
Anthony DiChario

Quick Reply: Anyone else love GSG-5s?