Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

Anybody Know What These Go For?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rhinonemec
Have you looked into building one, lots of website to get parts, you could maybe build something for cheaper or for the same price, build something better.
I looked at a couple of sites Saturday to see what this would cost, and to try to find instructional sites. I saw this site, and one other (that I can't remember offhand) for parts: http://dynamicarmament.com/items/AR-...IVERS/list.htm

It looks like it'll cost me about the same, whether I buy it as is or build it myself. I am sure I'm missing something.

Any info that you folks could provide on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I live in Massachusetts. Would ordering any of these parts be an issue for me?

Thanks for your input and be safe.

Jimmy V.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I've seen written before, and agree with, ARs are barbies for men. You can dress them up any way you want and are a great hobby. Remind you of anything else???

Every piece of an AR is available for purchase individually, which means you can "build" one (i.e. home assemble). It is an extremely versatile platform. If you are not "that into it" I, IMHO, suggest you buy a complete weapon. Get into target shooting. As you clean your weapon and get more comfortable with it you'll find out if you want to modify it.

As with anything else there is something out there for every budget.
Check out AR15.com lot of good photos and SOME good advice.

A few month ago I got myself a zombie killer.....Daniel Defense M4 Carbine. All in all it is a good hobby but just like every thing else don't get sucked in to far. Hate to see you hold up in your house with 10,000 rounds of M855 and 3 years worth of MREs. I keep it under 2,000 round on hand....well ok maybe 5,000.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

1826 in califonia with the stupid bullit button. Go through Impact Arms out of ogden ut and have it shipped to your FFL I have the M&P 15T I love that thing great groups right out of the box put a thousand rounds through it and just lubed it once at 500 Took a while to clean at home but I am impressed.

If you are looking at building one be prepaired to wait like 8 mo for parts the back order on barrels in insane
Old 10-19-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Im pretty happy w/ mine. Cost $1450 and is the top of the line one w, the rails and folding b.u.i.s.

Im selling it now though, I just picked up an LMT defender 2000.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by guinness

Im pretty happy w/ mine. Cost $1450 and is the top of the line one w, the rails and folding b.u.i.s.

Im selling it now though, I just picked up an LMT defender 2000.
That is awesome! Details?
Old 10-20-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SmokeShowin
That is awesome! Details?
It is the M&P 15T w/ the troy ind, full length rail and front and rear b.u.i.s. It came just like you see it. I added the eotech and sling. I had a small problem w/ the gass ring alignment out of the box, but its a two minute fix.

Im selling it this week. Like I said, I just picked up a beautiful LMT Defender.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by guinness
It is the M&P 15T w/ the troy ind, full length rail and front and rear b.u.i.s. It came just like you see it. I added the eotech and sling. I had a small problem w/ the gass ring alignment out of the box, but its a two minute fix.

Im selling it this week. Like I said, I just picked up a beautiful LMT Defender.
Still looking for buyers?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, that is a ton of magazines in the picture!

Quick Reply: Anybody Know What These Go For?