Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

antares defense pistol course

Old 05-12-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antares defense pistol course

I just took a defensive pistol class in WV that was really helpful, especially introducing shooting in different positions and situations that are against the rules to shoot at my local range. One was how to shoot someone off you, where you are shooting from the hip upwards. Another was shooting in a house. I highly recommend looking into this if you are at all interested. Mike, the owner, is ex-military and at $150 for the 8 hr course, it was a great deal. Antares Defense in Lewisburg WV
Old 05-12-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats cool does he do any traveling and teaching?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't know. Its a nice simple set -up he has there. Another drill I got to do was The Dozier Drill, where you have to turn around, draw your holstered pistol and shoot five metal silhouette targets as fast as you can. I did it in 4 seconds.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

that sounds like a modified "El Presidente" drill. In that drill you turn, draw your pistol and shoot 3 targets with 2 rounds each then reload and shoot the 3 targets with 2 more rounds each. My best time on El Presidente is 5.81 seconds. I'm always looking for good shoot courses at reasonable prices.

Quick Reply: antares defense pistol course