Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

For all the libs that hate guns....

Old 09-26-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G19T
I was in 6th grade when one day in school I felt like shit and had my mom come pick me up (even had a field trip that day). I go home and grab the phone and brought it up to my room because my mom was headed out to do errands. Well not more than 5 mins later I hear my mom yelling for me to call 911 and I hear a mans voice I dont recognise. I call 911 and wait for about 5 mins for the cops to show up. I didnt go downstairs until the guy had left but I later found out he had held my mom at knife point and was demanding money until he realized that someone in the house was calling the cops... Eventhough a helicopter atleast 3 dogs and 20+ cops showed up the guy managed to get away.

Within a month of my 21st birthday I had purchased a Glock 19. I refuse to be so defensless now that I have the option of protecting myself.
See??? And if you had access to a gun you could have blown that piece of shit away for doing that to your mom........or, because the cops didn't catch him, probably to somebody else. Could have ended his whole life of crime right then and there.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not to be a dick, but "after years" of marriage, you are just now convincing her that gun ownership is ok? That seems like one Hell of a difference in philosophy to overcome!

I know I am one of the ones the libtard's hate. I am a firearms collector. I own military weapons from the late 1800's to modern era, legal SBR's, suppressed, and select fire. My first wife didn't mind the weapons, just my spending money on them. I found, after my divorce while I was dating various young ladies, that one of the easiest ways to judge their tolerance was to hang a couple 1903's and my Tommy Gun on my living room wall. Saved me some later trouble with a few.
I knew I had found a keeper when one particularly beautiful young lady walked right up to the display and told me "Forget the movie, i want to shoot the Springfield's!" So I married her!!

While I realize it's none of my business, please do your best to get her some training with the shotgun. Yourself also if you haven't owned a gun in a while. There is a huge difference between shooting at a range with your spouse and grabbing a shotgun when you have been woken up in the middle of the night!

Davesrb
Old 09-26-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scarp
Be sure to get the proper home defense ammo (Don't use Birdshot) Get some 3" Mag 00 or 000 Buck shells
Or some 1" slugs.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbHH5xZcVvQ

Seriously though, I applaud you for taking the action in arming yourself. As for liberals... well... forum restrictions would be applied if I were to tell you how I really feel about them.

Taking the law into your own hands isn't always the best (or safest) method, but in the event that IMMEDIATE action be needed, it's best to have your own protection for you and yours!

As for me, I didn't have to do any convincing She's been begging me to get a gun and join a range as soon as we moved into our own place. Decisions, decisions... If anyone has some good recommendations for a novice/good piece to start with, PM me
Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would rather have guns and not need them then need guns and not have them.

Cops ranks are thinning more and more every day due to cost cutting. Don't bank on 911 showing up quick.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scarp
Be sure to get the proper home defense ammo (Don't use Birdshot) Get some 3" Mag 00 or 000 Buck shells

Or he can get one of these and the Ammo for it can we all say "REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMEONE"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	50..jpg
Views:	42
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	90955  
Old 09-26-2010, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Ryanc -

I couldn't agree with you more. I was born and raised in Columbus, GA. In fact my parents still live there so my wife and I visit regularly. I know that you have heard, but there have been some rough days lately in Columbus. Actually, one of my friends brother was just killed in his home by an intruder when he came home. This man simply came home at the wrong time and that could have been any of us but why anyone would choose to be a helpless target I will never understand. I have a CCW permit and use it everyday. Even though I now live in a much smaller town with supposedly fewer problems, I have found that crazy, mean, out-to-get you people don't recognize city limit signs. Yes, I guess the liber-nazi's have a point, I can carry/own my guns and still be hurt/killed but I still think I stand a better chance than the guy with out a weapon any day. For all the folks who say that in a life or death situation the average person will freeze or panic and be unable to protect themselves, believe that if you want, but I don't recommend that you try me on that. My wife has her own pistol as well and is a hell of a shot, so she obviously has no problems with guns. Now I don't think she loves them as much as I do, but that's understandable.

I have said all of that to say this, it is a crazy world and I will protect my family. It's America so everyone can have an opinion so if someones choice is to not own or support gun ownership that's great. Mine, however, is that I am a law abiding citizen with the right to keep and bear arms and I will do just that. All the liberal opinions about gun ownership makes me mad to know end, but hey don't come asking me for help when you have no means of defending what means most to you. I will not give up my right sor my guns, come try and get them if you want but you have to take all the bullets first (if you know what I mean), then if you still have motivation to take the weapons you can take them.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Default Where my wife keeps hers

Old 09-26-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Davesrb
Not to be a dick, but "after years" of marriage, you are just now convincing her that gun ownership is ok? That seems like one Hell of a difference in philosophy to overcome!

I know I am one of the ones the libtard's hate. I am a firearms collector. I own military weapons from the late 1800's to modern era, legal SBR's, suppressed, and select fire. My first wife didn't mind the weapons, just my spending money on them. I found, after my divorce while I was dating various young ladies, that one of the easiest ways to judge their tolerance was to hang a couple 1903's and my Tommy Gun on my living room wall. Saved me some later trouble with a few.
I knew I had found a keeper when one particularly beautiful young lady walked right up to the display and told me "Forget the movie, i want to shoot the Springfield's!" So I married her!!

While I realize it's none of my business, please do your best to get her some training with the shotgun. Yourself also if you haven't owned a gun in a while. There is a huge difference between shooting at a range with your spouse and grabbing a shotgun when you have been woken up in the middle of the night!

Davesrb
Actually only been married for 33 days. Never really had to talk about it seriously, just before I did it to get a rise out of her.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd turn that gun around. If you're in the driver's seat that is un-necessarily awkward. You would take 3 times longer to get to it....plus the BARREL IS FACING YOU!!! Just flip it around.
Originally Posted by lowe516

Quick Reply: For all the libs that hate guns....