Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.

10 points, Jeep recovery

Old 11-22-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Again....congrats on the buck, and REAL glad your eye will get better.

Hey TrippleJeep.....see what I posted on your "big game mounts" thread.

I'm just curious if anybody else calls Tripple's mounts "European" mounts? I have always known his mounts as just plaque mounts. My understanding of a true European mount is where the entire skull (less the jaw bone) is cleaned and sealed, left white, and mounted to a plaque without a leather or velvet covering.

As I mentioned to TrippleJeep, I'm just curious if this is yet another difference in "lingo" terms, from one guys neck of woods to the others', (ie 4 point west count / 8 point east count) that I haven't heard about yet. I'm sure you guys know what I mean.
Good Hunting...!!!
That is what my old man called my mounts a European mount.....and he is Danish...so I assumed they were called European mounts. I guess I could be wrong???

I know what you mean about the number of points. It has changed a few years back. When I first started out I know the brow tines never were counted ie: sixt7gt350's buck would be a 4 pointer with a few of the older hunters in my parts (4 on each side on each main beam - don't count the brows tines). In the last few years our Buck club that I am with now counts the brow tines so when you see a buck you count all the points on each main beam including the brow tines. Thus sixt7gt350's is a 10 pointer to the newer hunters.

Hope I explained that correctly.

Quick Reply: 10 points, Jeep recovery