Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Need some friends on 11/7 for WHEELIN'

Old 10-20-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some friends on 11/7 for WHEELIN'

Hey guys,

How is everyone? I took off after out our ride through White Cloud/Tin Cup this past February, (remember that?), but I'm back in town. I now have to report to the U.P. for 5 days, but have the serious urge to stretch my Jeep's coils! Anyone want to do something? I was thinking maybe the retired military area near Atlanta/Alpena or I hear there are JEEP Specific trails just outside Kalkaska, but I'm open to anything with a shred of challenge. We are hosting a Colorado family who is moving here. We need to impress! Throw any and all ideas at me even if you can't go.

Thanks All!

J. Day

Last edited by itsarubiconday; 10-25-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Super Freak

check out twisted trails up by traverse city. the trails around kalkaska are a bunch of easy riding and will impress anyone, however if you are looking for a challenge there arent any to be had on the trails. if you want challenge go to twisted trails it up around traverse city.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woodweavil
check out twisted trails up by traverse city. the trails around kalkaska are a bunch of easy riding and will impress anyone, however if you are looking for a challenge there arent any to be had on the trails. if you want challenge go to twisted trails it up around traverse city.
What is twisted trails? Is it an off-road park or just a set of trails? We have a general map of the trails in that area and the one long one east of Kalakaska proper. We need something more than sand trails with a few rocks.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:00 PM
JK Freak

I am thinking of hitting Rocks and Valleys one last time before the snow hits. They are going to be open on the 7th, I will post up if I can make it for sure...

Wingsfan, you ready for another day at R&V?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:15 PM
JK Freak

You would have a blast a R&V, here are a few pics from a few trips there....

Old 10-29-2009, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SteelMastiff
I am thinking of hitting Rocks and Valleys one last time before the snow hits. They are going to be open on the 7th, I will post up if I can make it for sure...

Wingsfan, you ready for another day at R&V?

SteelMastiff, thats sounds like a plan. I've never been there, but looking at your photos, that is precisely what we are looking for. Count us in, and keep me up to date on your plans.

Anyone else?

Quick Reply: Need some friends on 11/7 for WHEELIN'