Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Michigan ORV Sticker Styles

Old 05-26-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Michigan ORV Sticker Styles

WHY does Michigan have different ORV sticker styles? I got mine last year at Silver Lake and it was a nice, "plasticee" small one. This year I went to the DNR office in Southfield on 8 Mile Road and I get this honkin'-BIG printed one that they print right there at the counter. I HATE these ones!!! Can I swap it somewhere else or will I have to resort to spending another $16.25 for a "cool" one!!?!? (I won't do that, but if I was rich I would!)

My gripe for the day......
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next year order it online if you want the small one. I was lucky to read on a forum somewhere about the different between the online version and the printed one, so I ordered online. Only took a few days to get here, like the smaller one better.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

You can buy the small one any where they sell hunting and fishing licenses. Dicks sporting goods, Dunhams, Wal-Mart and so on.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

All depends on where you buy them, but if you order one online from the DNR you can get the smaller ones. The larger ones that are printed out at retailers that sell hunting and fishing licenses and such sometimes don't hold up that well. By the end of the year the ones I have had printed out for my Jeep and atv's end up being worn off and hard to even read from the printing lightening up, so usually I end up buying online to get a better quality smaller one.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GL08JK
All depends on where you buy them, but if you order one online from the DNR you can get the smaller ones. The larger ones that are printed out at retailers that sell hunting and fishing licenses and such sometimes don't hold up that well. By the end of the year the ones I have had printed out for my Jeep and atv's end up being worn off and hard to even read from the printing lightening up, so usually I end up buying online to get a better quality smaller one.
How small we talking, I have always bought mine at the counter. Seems they are only 2"x1 1/2". I get them for my quads and dirt bikes every year.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BARNO
WHY does Michigan have different ORV sticker styles? I got mine last year at Silver Lake and it was a nice, "plasticee" small one. This year I went to the DNR office in Southfield on 8 Mile Road and I get this honkin'-BIG printed one that they print right there at the counter. I HATE these ones!!! Can I swap it somewhere else or will I have to resort to spending another $16.25 for a "cool" one!!?!? (I won't do that, but if I was rich I would!)

My gripe for the day......
The one you bought is perforated in the middle and you only need to put on the top half. I thought the same thing until I read the whole sticker AFTER I put my glasses on.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bashlin
You can buy the small one any where they sell hunting and fishing licenses. Dicks sporting goods, Dunhams, Wal-Mart and so on.
I did go to Wal Mart and three employees looked at me funny - about what I expected. I'm not a Wal Mart fan.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll know what to do for next year!
Old 05-28-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BARNO
I did go to Wal Mart and three employees looked at me funny - about what I expected. I'm not a Wal Mart fan.
You have to goto the sporting goods counter and make sure they sell hunting anf fishing licenses, if they do they will have the orv stickers. I am not a fan of wal-mart either, there just happens to be on at my exit in West Branch, convenient to stop at on the way to my cabin.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

I bought mine at Wally World and it looked huge...until I ripped it in two and used the top half like instructed. Notice the perforations at the bottom edge.

Quick Reply: Michigan ORV Sticker Styles