Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

free beer

Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i have decided to go to the badlands for the weekend. i made a reservation at the last rv site in indiana lol. they have 5 tent sites left if anyone wants to camp. the campgrounds is called charlarose lake and campgrounds. it is located 15 miles from the badlands in hillsboro. there number is 765 234 7286. i have only wheeled the badlands a few times and redbird is so close to my house i want to get away just a little more. not to mention the mud there sucks if it happens to rain.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

are you wheelin saturday AND sunday? i'm thinkin i'll be working saturday... i know, what kind of employer makes people work memorial day weekend???? landscapers and mowers apparently
Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 AM
JK Super Freak

its okay nat....I gotta work on saturday also and sunday i have a cook out also.

Sorry I missed your call cody but this one is a no go for me.....I wonder when the jeep will ever get out again....god im starting to sound like scooter.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

its ok guys, i understand if your scared. anyway looks like there will be plenty of beer as of now lol.

i am planning to wheel both sat and sunday. depending on who comes i may ride my quads with brown on one day and jeep the other.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sunday may be a possibility!!! My woman has to work 1/2 day on Sat... ( bank teller )
I will see if she wants to go down there instead of the Mich. dunes !!! I know she was wanting to go up there, but maybe I can sway her to do the Badlands instead....
As far as camping, that too will have to be decided...
I'll let you know tomorrow which way were going.....
Old 05-25-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still planning on coming. I'm bringing two other jeeps along with me as well! One of the guys just signed his paperwork at the dealer last night. We're planning on wheeling Sat and Sunday as of right now.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

that sounds great did you get any camp sites reserved? they are filling up quick.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the reminder, I'll be doing that first thing tomorrow. Any idea as to how many tents can be at one site? I'm new to this tent camping stuff. Normally I just shell the cash out to have a hot shower in the AM to wake my ass up but things are a little tight these days.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default free beer

Where are you guys from? I was planning a trip to badlands this weekend but had to cancel...:( thinking about going next weekend with me, two yj's and a cj.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm from northwest Indiana about a 45 min drive from Orland Park. The guys I'm bringing down are around my area as well. I'm pretty sure the rest of the guys going on this run are farther south into Indiana.

If you'd like to come along this weekend maybe we can meet up and drive down together. We'll be headed down to camp Friday evening. If not I'm sure we can set up another run some other time.

Quick Reply: free beer