Notices
Gladiator Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Gladiator Jeep models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Offroad Source

Pulled over because my tires are to big

Old 06-02-2024, 03:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulled over because my tires are to big

Need help, got pulled over because my tires stick to far out. Need to get it inspected, can anyone help me please on how to go about this?
Old 06-02-2024, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 380 Likes on 355 Posts

Welcome to JK Forum. It many states the regulations require tires to remain inside the fenders/wheel well. PA is also one of these states. You didn't post up the size of tires and wheels you run; how far out of the fender do they stick out? For inspection 2 options find a JEEP friendly inspection station/inspector (Find a Jeep show and ask the attendees where is a Jeep Friendly or go to a Jeep Accessory selling / upfitting shop) or put stock wheels and tires on for the inspection. You might have been unlucky and got stopped by a "by the book" officer.
Old 06-03-2024, 02:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 35’s on my jeep. Thank you for your reply.
Old 06-03-2024, 06:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,867 Likes on 1,634 Posts

If you already got pulled over like that, it's probably setting up for a rough road ahead regardless of getting past an inspection or not. If your state requires you to only be sticking out so far, there are only a couple options. wider flares, which will be comical, higher backspacing on the wheel, which will likely cause clearance issues, or more narrow tires. buying a take off set of tires/wheels (under $1k) to pop on for an inspection is bout the only other way you're gonna pass, and then you're still gonna have to deal with the po-po the rest of the year.
Old 06-05-2024, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

Do you have spacers in there? 35's on JL/JTs should not be an issue with stock wheels and offsets.

Quick Reply: Pulled over because my tires are to big