Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Possibly moving to the Phoenix area and looking for some advice/suggestions

Old 04-08-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly moving to the Phoenix area and looking for some advice/suggestions

My wife and I have been discussing moving to the Phoenix area for a job promotion she has been offered. It will be a great career move for her and an even better financial move for our family. Her office will be in Mesa and we are looking for a family friendly area with excellent schools and daycare that will also have all the conveniences we need close by ie. Church, doctors, grocery store, gym, home depot, 4wd shop, etc.. We would like something within 30 minutes of her office and the same time frame to a major airport for me. We would like to lease a home in the $1700-$2000 price range that is less than 10 years old, at least 2200 sq ft + a 3 car garage(if possible), and must have a big back yard with grass and hopefully some trees(I know it's the desert). I am a country boy born and raised on a ranch in south east Texas so the large lot size and greenery are really important to me and our 2 dogs. Actually I would be happy with a 3 car garage/apartment on a couple of acres, but I don't think that would fly with the wife and our soon to be born son! We will be there next weekend (from the 14th to the 17th) to look around and check out the area. I look forward to your input and happy Easter
Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Not sure you will hit the mark on rent given the SQ footage you are looking for, though some areas will be cheaper than others. I have a very good friend who lives in Phoenix, he likes the area. I hope you like the heat, it can be north of 100 degrees for weeks on end. Best wishes on your intrepid adventure!
Old 04-15-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Phoenix is full
shouldnt be a problem tons of houses for lease air port is in the middle of town so its an easy drive from just about any part of town depending on what time of day you try and get there .
Old 06-13-2012, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

There are lots of good areas in AZ. I like the west side personally, not sure if your wife would like the commute to Mesa though.

Quick Reply: Possibly moving to the Phoenix area and looking for some advice/suggestions