Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Please Help Me!!! Powertank Input....

Old 09-03-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Capone
Thats what I first started looking at, but then figured after a run I dont want to spend 35min filling tires. With the powertank 4min and your on your way home
Tony-

I too looked into initially getting a powertank, or homebuilt C02 tank setup. Getting them filled is limited, costly and a general pain in the ass. Especialy if you're on the west-side, or traveling out of town.

I'm running the ARB on board air system on my Jeep. I looked into a powertank, but they are $$ and you've got to keep an eye on making sure you bring enough air for yourself. I dont know how much air a 10lb tank will get you, but it cant be much. Id suggest at least 15 to 20.

Plus not only do you have to lug it around, its one more thing to remember to bring along.

My system takes about 3 minutes a tire to get my 37s from 15 to 36 psi. On last weekend's CK trip I filled up my tires, my buddies tires and it took a few minutes to fill my air mattress on my camping trip. But what it costs me in time, it makes up for it in quantity and its always on hand. I use it all the time. Bikes, sports equipment, cleaning up the jeep, etc.

I'm looking into mounting a 2gal tank in front of the engine so it will speed up the process.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Sounds like you got yourself a great set up!
Old 09-03-2010, 09:16 PM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

Capone, You need to plan very carefully. You will need a winch eventually. With this you will need a new front bumper, So, with all of this in mind my friend, let me help you. Let's start with a ORFAB front stubby w/stinger (just cause they look bad ass) then the warn powerplant. You can run air tools with this air compressor. Then we need to lose those obscene, pretty, shiny fenders (cause they just don't look good with a stubby bumper). Go with the plastic flat fenders. If you want a preview of what this would look like check out Yates jeep. So there you go buddy, any time I can help you out just holler!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I really like the bumpers that place the winch low in-between the frame rails.

Reason number 1,643 for on board air: Going camping tomorrow night, tonight we went to Wal~Mart for supplies. Picked up a $15 battery operated pump for the air mattress. Get home, air one up to find a leak and IT BURNS OUT in two minutes! Grabbed a coupler from my ARB accessories and wrapped electrical tape around it.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rde2Rok
Capone, You need to plan very carefully. You will need a winch eventually. With this you will need a new front bumper, So, with all of this in mind my friend, let me help you. Let's start with a ORFAB front stubby w/stinger (just cause they look bad ass) then the warn powerplant. You can run air tools with this air compressor. Then we need to lose those obscene, pretty, shiny fenders (cause they just don't look good with a stubby bumper). Go with the plastic flat fenders. If you want a preview of what this would look like check out Yates jeep. So there you go buddy, any time I can help you out just holler!
My jeep wants to grow up just like this one!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Please Help Me!!! Powertank Input....