Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Please Help Me!!! Powertank Input....

Old 09-03-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Please Help Me!!! Powertank Input....

I am ready to push the confirm order button on the Powertank set up; my only question is Where are you guys filling them and what is the cost for the 10lb tank. I think I have called 15 places. No one will fill them, the closest I got was with Sports Chalet but then they backed out when I told them it was a 10lb tank. Said they only do Paint Ball tanks.... And i would prefer some place in the West Valley (Surprise area). And then if you could also give me your feedback on the tank.

Thanks guys
Old 09-03-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you just trying sports places? What about welding shops or air supply companies like Airgas or Praxair?

Once upon a time I had a 5# tank and it wasn't expensive to fill. Finding fill places wasn't super easy, but wasn't too hard.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

The two welding supply places I tried said they could do it. But the process for them was to call a day ahead of time to make sure they had it on hand. And I'm sure you know how it is..... Sittin on the couch on a Saturday morning and you get an itch, you load the Jeep and head out Plus they were on the other side of town. I know, I sound like a cry baby. So then I go back to the Viair set up.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

i was looking into this for me.
on board air
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Sports Chalet should do this for you. Just as long as the tank to be filled is in its test date. Phoenix Welding Supply is another good source.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sheks4ever
i was looking into this for me.
on board air
Thats what I first started looking at, but then figured after a run I dont want to spend 35min filling tires. With the powertank 4min and your on your way home
Old 09-03-2010, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Why not...

What about getting the Warn power plant? I used MMacks and his kicks a$$! Filled up our jeeps in just 2 minutes. I know then you are dealling with having to buy a bumper too, but some times you have to break a few eggs to make an omlete.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Capone
Thats what I first started looking at, but then figured after a run I dont want to spend 35min filling tires. With the powertank 4min and your on your way home
would it take that long?
Then just buy a new bumper and get the winch/air compressor the warm 9500. the one that mike has.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having used both CO2 and compressors, I currently have a Viair compressor and tank system. CO2 is quick, but has to be filled and maintained; which can include having to swap the tank out, remove your regulator and fittings, etc. Compressor OBA is just more convenient, and I get the added advantage of running air horns.

Yes, it's more expensive up front, but makes up for itself in time and money spent filling CO2. And if you're talking the Powertank, that's not cheap either. The only reason I ran CO2 on an old rig is that I got the tank and regulator for next to nothing.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
What about getting the Warn power plant? I used MMacks and his kicks a$$! Filled up our jeeps in just 2 minutes. I know then you are dealling with having to buy a bumper too, but some times you have to break a few eggs to make an omlete.
Robert , Robert, Robert! As I recall you also have a hen at home. So when I say I would have to ask my hen for some extra eggs to make my omlete.... Hope you have an extra couch
I think Alec has just put me back in the Viair setup I was looking at, I just didn't feel like looking for hiding spots fot the tank and compressor. Alec makes sence though, in the long run it would be more cost efective. I will get the VIAIR’s Constant Duty Onboard Air System and tuck and hide the best I can.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Please Help Me!!! Powertank Input....