Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHOENIX JK's

Hey eraujk, Keep in touch on the thread , Also check out the group site Phoenix JKs for disscusions as well. This is a Arizona thread and group. Hope to meet up with ya one day.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by remark
I had marble sized hail where I was driving. However I had to go to a car dealership at Scottsdale and the 101 and the employees there said most of the employee's vehicles got damaged (they did not seem to care about Penske's cars lol). My daughter's school also had half dollar sized hail that damaged a lot of people's vehicles. (That is near your work Sheks...hopefully your new schedule had you avoid that).

I kind of wished my wife had the jeep out at the time. I want an insurance claim so I could upgrade to the AEV hood, but no such luck today.
Yup, I work for the Penske Group (Audi.) LOTS of damage today. That should make for an interesting week. Supposedly, the deductible for each car is in the $1500 range. Gonna be some busy body shops the next couple weeks.

My Jeep was in the employee parking lot, no doors, only the front freedom panels on. Had a couple inches of water in the foot wells. No carpet, recently bedlined, pulled the plugs and it poured out. Got some nice dents in my hood though. Time for AEV hood? Might be...

Last edited by TonyT; 10-06-2010 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Glad to see everyone is ok after yesterdays storm. Sorry to hear about damage to the vehicals. TonyT. you are right time to plan for that new hood upgrade. Thought about if You were to get stuck in the jeep in a bad hail storm the tops dont offer much protection.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by eraujk
Hard to plan in advance with weather(meteorology major) but for the nice sunny days, unless i have a class, im always willing. Roommate has a TJ, another friend has a JK, two others have nice built up Cherokees, and another has a very nice YJ. We usually go out together in some combination. There are far more nice rigs on campus but as far as i have seen so far, they seem to stay on campus...

You guys know the weather, its been raining here for the past 3 days too. When it started i just left the top and doors off, that changed after i drove home sitting ina puddle. I still was to lazy to put the rear window back on my soft top, so i tried hiding the back of it under the front porch. Friend of mine has had his Pontiac Fiero on jack stands and tools everywhere in the garage for the past week.

From my front door.
Nice to see no tornados up there so far this morning. Unless you saw some.... Scary to even think about tornados since there isn any type of real early warning system out here for that sort of thing.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by remark
I got a call right after 5 and my work was hit hard (glad I left early). Hail blew out out all the skylights, damaged all the evap coolers, dented and cracked all seals on the roof, 2 12 foot roll up doors were blown out, front signage on a huge pole is now leaning over, chain link fences blew down, etc, etc. I dont know what kind of damage was done to peoples vehicles, but the hail was apparently somewhere from golf ball to almost baseball size and the wind/tornado or whatever did not help.
That sucks dude...well at least you all will be busy to say the least.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Nice to see no tornados up there so far this morning. Unless you saw some.... Scary to even think about tornados since there isn any type of real early warning system out here for that sort of thing.
From what i got off of The Weather Channel and NOAA this morning there was a tornado in Phoenix and two up north closer to flag? Were in a warning zone too here in PRC so someone has atleast seen a funnel cloud and reported it to move us out of the tornado watch phase.

Days like this actually make my job entertaining. Everyother day all i ever get to do is predict the highs and lows... Sunny is boring

Last edited by eraujk; 10-06-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyT
Yup, I work for the Penske Group (Audi.) LOTS of damage today. That should make for an interesting week. Supposedly, the deductible for each car is in the $1500 range. Gonna be some busy body shops the next couple weeks.

My Jeep was in the employee parking lot, no doors, only the front freedom panels on. Had a couple inches of water in the foot wells. No carpet, recently bedlined, pulled the plugs and it poured out. Got some nice dents in my hood though. Time for AEV hood? Might be...
I was at the Audi dealership getting wipers for my A6, lol.

Yeah go for the AEV hood!!!!

BTW work looks like crap today and so are all the neighboring businesses. McDowell is closed with lines down and Rush has no power...(how is that working for you Roger?)
Old 10-06-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default MBRP Light Bar

Originally Posted by sheks4ever
Nice job guys! Tony where is ur Light bar?
Here it is Sheks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00129.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	93554Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00128.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	93555

Wiring them in is kickin my ass about another day and it may go on Craigs List...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Capone
Here it is Sheks!

Attachment 93554Attachment 93555

Wiring them in is kickin my ass about another day and it may go on Craigs List...
What lights did you go with up top? Looks good!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
What lights did you go with up top? Looks good!
6" Baja Design H.I.D.'s. The ones I used to have on my bumper went up top, then added three

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!