Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PHOENIX JK's

Originally Posted by Capone
Sorry to hear that John How about a local camping trip up north say Payson along the Rim
There is still hope!
Old 10-05-2010, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Arizona Muddy Days!

Im not exactly in the Phoenix area but we northern Arizonians dont really have our own thread.

You guys getting good water down south? Im a Meteorology major at Embry-Riddle and learned we actually have chance of a Tornados up here (surprising right?!), small but possible. Tornado or not what all this weather translates to is a chance for some serious and hard to get Arizona Mud!!!!!!

If anybody else is up north aways we should hook up and give the jeeps a good mud bath. I have two or three more jeeps that would also come along.

Just an idea, but you have to take advantage of the weather when you can!

Last edited by eraujk; 10-05-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rain and hail down here in Phoenix.

Mud is always fun. Post up a couple of days or even weeks in advance when you are going out and you will probably get a few guys from here to come up and meet you. Sometimes last minute stuff is possible.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

YEAH...HAIL.... got stuck in golfball size hail on the west side just before lunch and it damaged my work car.... thank goodness i wasnt driving the jeep topless!!!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I had marble sized hail where I was driving. However I had to go to a car dealership at Scottsdale and the 101 and the employees there said most of the employee's vehicles got damaged (they did not seem to care about Penske's cars lol). My daughter's school also had half dollar sized hail that damaged a lot of people's vehicles. (That is near your work Sheks...hopefully your new schedule had you avoid that).

I kind of wished my wife had the jeep out at the time. I want an insurance claim so I could upgrade to the AEV hood, but no such luck today.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by remark
I had marble sized hail where I was driving. However I had to go to a car dealership at Scottsdale and the 101 and the employees there said most of the employee's vehicles got damaged (they did not seem to care about Penske's cars lol). My daughter's school also had half dollar sized hail that damaged a lot of people's vehicles. (That is near your work Sheks...hopefully your new schedule had you avoid that).

I kind of wished my wife had the jeep out at the time. I want an insurance claim so I could upgrade to the AEV hood, but no such luck today.
i took my maxima to day....got hail damage. so far i see about 4 dents or so. Fin sucks
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sheks4ever
i took my maxima to day....got hail damage. so far i see about 4 dents or so. Fin sucks
Sorry to hear that.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

That sucks guys... I have a guy i do alot of buisness with that fixes hail damage cheep if your insurance wont cover it just let me know!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

I got a call right after 5 and my work was hit hard (glad I left early). Hail blew out out all the skylights, damaged all the evap coolers, dented and cracked all seals on the roof, 2 12 foot roll up doors were blown out, front signage on a huge pole is now leaning over, chain link fences blew down, etc, etc. I dont know what kind of damage was done to peoples vehicles, but the hail was apparently somewhere from golf ball to almost baseball size and the wind/tornado or whatever did not help.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Hard to plan in advance with weather(meteorology major) but for the nice sunny days, unless i have a class, im always willing. Roommate has a TJ, another friend has a JK, two others have nice built up Cherokees, and another has a very nice YJ. We usually go out together in some combination. There are far more nice rigs on campus but as far as i have seen so far, they seem to stay on campus...

You guys know the weather, its been raining here for the past 3 days too. When it started i just left the top and doors off, that changed after i drove home sitting ina puddle. I still was to lazy to put the rear window back on my soft top, so i tried hiding the back of it under the front porch. Friend of mine has had his Pontiac Fiero on jack stands and tools everywhere in the garage for the past week.

From my front door.

Last edited by eraujk; 10-05-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!