Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 09-22-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. I am looking forward to seeing it. Am I going to see you on Saturday?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't make it on Saturday. I have to work in Flagstaff instead.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Really!

Come on Andrew, were not the Wife here!
I have used that one several times... Hay honey I have to work in Payson this weekend, I have to work in Bumble Bee this weekend, I think I will be working in Moab next weekend.
We will all have one for you
Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Saturday?

Help... Newbie here... Where would i find the info on the next Phx area meet n greet? is there one on Saturday 9/25?
Old 09-22-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RockinJK
Help... Newbie here... Where would i find the info on the next Phx area meet n greet? is there one on Saturday 9/25?
WELCOME! RockinJK And your in the right place.. Keep a watch on this thread and you will be up to date on all the info. As for 9/25 I will differ that to Mr. Rde2Rok...
Old 09-22-2010, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got rained on for a couple minutes this afternoon, but I am almost done with the prep for lining my tub.

Found out there's not just the sound deadening crap, but there's a ton of caulking type stuff on all the seams. FYI - I would advise not lining over this material, this stuff is really porous and I did have a few small areas where the floor was damp underneath.

No air-chisel here, just a hand chisel, a hammer and a lot of sweating.

Got quite a few looks driving down the 101 with only a driver's seat.

Pic#1 - The crap they put on the tub, really cheap solution in my opinion, but I guess it helps keep the heat and vibration down. The floor metal is fairly thin and flimsy.

Pic#2 - Looking forward to a lined floor, this thing was filthy from our last run and camping trip. Had some surprises under the carpet - dog food, french fries, spilled soda, twigs and dead bugs to name a few.

Pic#3 - The footwells seem to be the hardest to get to. Im glad I did the removal by hand, I can see how punching through would be easy with an air-chisel.

Last edited by TonyT; 09-22-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Looks like a whole lot of fun?

Who the hell laid twizzlers all over your floor board in the first pic?
Old 09-22-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Welcome!!!

Originally Posted by RockinJK
Check out the GROUP page as well. As far as saturday goes im not sure either. But WE need to get a meet and greet up again its been awhile for some of us...since i didnt go on the last run! haha. Just watch this thread we all are always trying to do something. once again welcome to the PHX JKERS!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:41 PM
JK Newbie

Guys, not sure if anyone here's planning on doing the Jeep Jam on Oct 2nd, but just throwing that out there in case you hadn't seen it posted elsewhere. Pre-register on the dealership site (that one on frank lloyd wright) and bring something to donate for St. Mary's foodbank. Last year was pretty sweet. Something like 300 attendees.. lots of vendors, food, drink, etc..
Ryan
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
JK Freak

Default PHOENIX JK's

Welcome Rockin JK, The Sat. thing is not a M&G, just havin some friends over for a BBQ. Might want to join up on the PHOENIX JK group and watch for M&Gs and runs. Lots of activity comming up next couple of months.We look forward to meetin you.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!