Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 06-01-2015, 12:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, 14x2.5
Old 06-01-2015, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whats your projected ride height over stock? Guessing 5" of lift based on the mount location?
Old 06-01-2015, 10:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D_engel
Whats your projected ride height over stock? Guessing 5" of lift based on the mount location?
Found some tall mounts for the rear, the fronts are 12", hoping to keep it 4.5" to 5". But I went with 40s as well, so it's gunna be hard to stay low. It should be sitting on the ground this week. I'll post a pic up.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Axle upgrades

Hey all, been a while since I logged on here, so obviously I must need something...lol

I'm in the Middle East (again) and will return soon. Looking to upgrade my axles and wanted to get your thoughts on 1) what I'm looking at thus far, and 2) a good local place to install.

Here's what I have: 2010 JKU with RK 3.5 X-Factor lift. 35's on steel rims. Stock 30 on front, 44 in back with 3.73 ratio. Axles, drive shaft, etc is all stock. I've got about 74k showing on the odometer with about 68k in the current configuration. Yep, the mileage is likely about 18% off since I'm running 35's on stock configuration. I have a LOT of road time since it is my DD when I'm home, but it has also been off road quite a bit.

Here's what I'm thinking: ProRock 44 front and maybe rear, a good locker, 4.88 ratio, rebuildable ball joints. In terms of capabilities, I like my 35's, but would like the option of running 37's in the future. Running hiway is as important as off road. I do a lot of trails (Toroweap for example) and some rock climbing (Sedona, Florence, Moab) but I've always babied it knowing the limits of that D30. She will also tour the East Coast next year, so I'm looking for good all purpose performance. So...

1) recommendations for a good locker
2) reputable installers (Totally reliant on them since I won't see it until she's complete), at a reasonable price. I don't need the cheapest, but I'm a Soldier with a family. Looking for a good balance between cost and quality.
3) educated opinions on my desired configuration based on my use.

Thanks in advance for your input/recommendations.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Edit: i deleted my comment due to it being a Duplicate post.

Last edited by BIGTARS; 06-14-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Liveoutside
Hey all, been a while since I logged on here, so obviously I must need something...lol

I'm in the Middle East (again) and will return soon. Looking to upgrade my axles and wanted to get your thoughts on 1) what I'm looking at thus far, and 2) a good local place to install.

Here's what I have: 2010 JKU with RK 3.5 X-Factor lift. 35's on steel rims. Stock 30 on front, 44 in back with 3.73 ratio. Axles, drive shaft, etc is all stock. I've got about 74k showing on the odometer with about 68k in the current configuration. Yep, the mileage is likely about 18% off since I'm running 35's on stock configuration. I have a LOT of road time since it is my DD when I'm home, but it has also been off road quite a bit.

Here's what I'm thinking: ProRock 44 front and maybe rear, a good locker, 4.88 ratio, rebuildable ball joints. In terms of capabilities, I like my 35's, but would like the option of running 37's in the future. Running hiway is as important as off road. I do a lot of trails (Toroweap for example) and some rock climbing (Sedona, Florence, Moab) but I've always babied it knowing the limits of that D30. She will also tour the East Coast next year, so I'm looking for good all purpose performance. So...

1) recommendations for a good locker
2) reputable installers (Totally reliant on them since I won't see it until she's complete), at a reasonable price. I don't need the cheapest, but I'm a Soldier with a family. Looking for a good balance between cost and quality.
3) educated opinions on my desired configuration based on my use.

Thanks in advance for your input/recommendations.
First, thank you for your service.

For lockers, I really like elockers but of course this is subjective. Reliable and no leaking issue that I've seen so much with arb's.

For an installer, I have to recommend jason at absolute offroad. He's a great guy and very honest. He's really a very small operation, pretty much a one man band but he does outstanding work at a very reasonable rate. You can call him up but since his operations are small (he's in the back working on jeeps) it's best if someone can stop in the shop our send him a message on Facebook.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGTARS
First, thank you for your service.

For lockers, I really like elockers but of course this is subjective. Reliable and no leaking issue that I've seen so much with arb's.

For an installer, I have to recommend jason at absolute offroad. He's a great guy and very honest. He's really a very small operation, pretty much a one man band but he does outstanding work at a very reasonable rate. You can call him up but since his operations are small (he's in the back working on jeeps) it's best if someone can stop in the shop our send him a message on Facebook.
Thanks, I'm happy to serve. It's been a good gig. Also appreciate the feedback. I'm developing somewhat of a list here and will make the note on ARBs. I'll drop Jason a line as well. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2015, 07:44 AM
JK Junkie

Have you seen the new optional 60' s avail through mopar? Can get complete bolt in with either 4.88 gear or 5.38 gears for under $12,000
Old 06-18-2015, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BubbaJK2012
Have you seen the new optional 60' s avail through mopar? Can get complete bolt in with either 4.88 gear or 5.38 gears for under $12,000
Mopar JK Dana 60 axles at EJS - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

Enjoy
Old 06-28-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

It's Done! Finaly took it out to TM for the first time in a few years and it felt great! Here are a couple pics,

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	616254Click image for larger version

Views:	229
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	616255Click image for larger version

Views:	238
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	616256Click image for larger version

Views:	210
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	616257Click image for larger version

Views:	200
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	616258

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!