Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone have a tapered reamer I can borrow for a weekend? I can compensate with some adult beverages.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone feeling like doing a little exploring Saturday. Thinking out in Buckeye somewhere.

Sent from my iPad
Old 11-26-2013, 06:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by D_engel
Does anyone have a tapered reamer I can borrow for a weekend? I can compensate with some adult beverages.
Steering upgrade? Haha.

I just went with the Rock Krawler tie rod/draglink to avoid having to buy one or ask this same question.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Begz
Steering upgrade? Haha.

I just went with the Rock Krawler tie rod/draglink to avoid having to buy one or ask this same question.
I built all new links with 1 ton TRE's a while back, but the tie rod ends never seated fully and are now digging into the wheels at full lock. I had done research and everything said that the TRE's were manufactured with poor tolerances so it was common problem, but Its something I am going to remedy this weekend. I just decided to drill the knuckles and use a tapered insert as I already had the drill bit and insert

I also have to do ball joints this weekend. I am really sick of working on this damn Jeep.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

I built all new links with 1 ton TRE's a while back, but the tie rod ends never seated fully and are now digging into the wheels at full lock. I had done research and everything said that the TRE's were manufactured with poor tolerances so it was common problem, but Its something I am going to remedy this weekend. I just decided to drill the knuckles and use a tapered insert as I already had the drill bit and insert

I also have to do ball joints this weekend. I am really sick of working on this damn Jeep.
Just a thought. Give Andrew at LetzRoll a call. He's making a kit similar to what you're describing, and maybe he might have a recommendation.

JK Steering kit 7075 t6 - LetzRoll

I probably should do my ball joints this weekend too, but they seemed ok when I checked them a few weeks ago. Good luck with the wrenching!
Old 11-29-2013, 08:01 AM
JK Freak

I am really sick of working on this damn Jeep.
Kinda bored? Need a hobby? Or the ole lady just getting on your nerves and ya gotta get outta the house? Great news! Buy a jeep! Not only will you fill your day, and night for that matter, "with things ya gotta do" to your Jeep, which will get you outta the house, but it will allow you to further your career, for you will be needing to get a second job. These things have the capability of draining the wealthiest of men's wallets.

"Jeeps are a never ending project"
Old 11-30-2013, 06:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone going out tomorrow?

sent telepathically.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hardtop Trade plus cash????

Anybody out there in the Phoenix area have a white unlimited hardtop they want to trade me for my black one? My top is a little over a year old (2012) and will throw in some cash for a good condition white one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000486.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	514989  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody in the Scottsdale area getting together anytime soon for meetups or wheeling? I'm in N. Scottsdale!

*nevermind I just saw the meetup for tomorrow at Pavillions!

Last edited by iwantaJK; 12-06-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by iwantaJK
Anybody in the Scottsdale area getting together anytime soon for meetups or wheeling? I'm in N. Scottsdale!

*nevermind I just saw the meetup for tomorrow at Pavillions!
There's 3 different meetups tomorrow. Not for sure if I'm making any of them, but there's:

- Hunter's BBQ

- 4Wheelers Supply Rock & Ramp it

- Pavillions

I'm in Scottsdale too, and the pavillions would be nice, but sounds like the other two will dwarf it.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!