Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 10-08-2013, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IRubicon
any good trails nearby? I just moved out here from KC and don't know where the good places are any help/advice would be appreciated!
Helping a guy out with a PM with links to sites
Old 10-08-2013, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Helping a guy out with a PM with links to sites
I appreciate everyone's help with websites to check out, and I have been reading thru them. I have seen some of these sites before and have joined a few, I will keep my eye out for any group runs I can tag along with.

I was hoping I might simply find some ppl close by (in the San Tan area) that like to do the trails nearby more often like I would like to do. I want to go out near Florence to box canyon and the coke ovens, there are many more out there I'm just not sure which ones are good and that I can get thru without getting stuck out there alone. Plus as mentioned before it's not a good idea for me to be out there alone.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IRubicon
I appreciate everyone's help with websites to check out, and I have been reading thru them. I have seen some of these sites before and have joined a few, I will keep my eye out for any group runs I can tag along with.

I was hoping I might simply find some ppl close by (in the San Tan area) that like to do the trails nearby more often like I would like to do. I want to go out near Florence to box canyon and the coke ovens, there are many more out there I'm just not sure which ones are good and that I can get thru without getting stuck out there alone. Plus as mentioned before it's not a good idea for me to be out there alone.
Coke Ovens are closed but there is a couple approved runs every year. My wife is from KC, pretty cool town. We are heading to Johnson Valley on the 17th for a weekend of fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edit: That's an open invite. We are running with the local group out there one last time before we move. We won't be running any Hammer trails (though some folks are) but we'll be running some awesome new trails out there. The event is an appreciation thing for the gentleman who got everything rolling out there.

Last edited by TipsEZ; 10-08-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TipsEZ
Coke Ovens are closed but there is a couple approved runs every year.
this is news to me
Old 10-08-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D_engel
this is news to me
Because part if it is on private land. You could PM Airberlin on our local site for more details.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TipsEZ
Because part if it is on private land.
You are partially correct. The Coke Ovens themselves are on private land and is not suppose to be trespassed on. The trail to get to them is BLM. I know that there are no signs or fences to show people where the private land starts and ends so it is very confusing. Just know that the land that they sit on is private.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlabe2
You are partially correct. The Coke Ovens themselves are on private land and is not suppose to be trespassed on. The trail to get to them is BLM. I know that there are no signs or fences to show people where the private land starts and ends so it is very confusing. Just know that the land that they sit on is private.
Ah. Okay. I've never went out there due to the private land thing. Good to know. Lots of great talks in that area though. Box Canyon, Elvis, Jack Handle, Axle Alley, H2H

Old 10-08-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

Last edited by D_engel; 10-08-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

If it is not posted, it is not closed.

13-1502. Criminal trespass in the third degree; classification
A. A person commits criminal trespass in the third degree by:
1. Knowingly entering or remaining unlawfully on any real property after a reasonable request to leave by a law enforcement officer, the owner or any other person having lawful control over such property, or reasonable notice prohibiting entry.

Last edited by remark; 10-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by remark
If it is not posted, it is not closed.
Yeah, I don't disagree, it is just a courtesy thing that we on this and other forums are trying to let others be aware of the situation. When it comes to private properties we off-roaders need to try harder to respect the land. This is the main reason that we lost the battle for Martinez Cabins and Canyon to stay open. We are just trying keep other areas that we love to wheel on from getting closed also.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!