Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Yates! Haven't seen you guys on our forums in a long time! It's nice to see you guys back on here, and that video was classic btw... You sure you wanna do this after we had two blow outs?!?
Old 08-27-2013, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyT
Any of you replaced a clock spring before?

Looks like mine is malfunctioning and need to be replaced. This is something I'd like to do myself. Most tutorials say its about a 45min-1hr job, and not too difficult.

Problem: Airbag light is intermittent. Goes off and comes right back on after turning in any direction.
2009 JKU Rubicon 49K miles.

Thanks, TonyT.
The clock spring isn't too difficult to replace. Biggest thing it disconnect the battery and then wait 10 minutes for the system to "discharge". I changed mine after the exact same symptoms you describe and took care of the problem. There are plenty of write ups how to do it.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yhudson

Hey Casey, I googled Parker Desert Splash. The Parker 4 Wheelers have an event Nov 8-10. Is that the event or are you guys doing your own? I've already promised guys from work I'd go hunting that weekend.
That's the one. It's my wife's favorite jeep trip every year. Sometimes we do a spring trip as well. Let me know if you want to hit the trails around here some time!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Hskr4x4
Hey Yates! Haven't seen you guys on our forums in a long time! It's nice to see you guys back on here, and that video was classic btw... You sure you wanna do this after we had two blow outs?!?
Hey Dave,

Since it was Michelle's first trip ever... there were many "classic" moments. The tire blow-outs SUCKED. On my Jeep Hauler I've got two spares. This trip I decided to rotate the spares on to the trailer. Well, long story short is the rims were too wide by about 3/8". These rims did come with my trailer... and have been wrong the whole time. I just never used them. Discount Tire took care of us, but the blowouts had Michelle rattled a bit.

Hope to see you soon!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey

That's the one. It's my wife's favorite jeep trip every year. Sometimes we do a spring trip as well. Let me know if you want to hit the trails around here some time!
I do want to get out with you guys. I'll watch for the local trips you guys plan around here. I may also be doing the Moab JJUSA this October.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yhudson
Hey Dave,

Since it was Michelle's first trip ever... there were many "classic" moments. The tire blow-outs SUCKED. On my Jeep Hauler I've got two spares. This trip I decided to rotate the spares on to the trailer. Well, long story short is the rims were too wide by about 3/8". These rims did come with my trailer... and have been wrong the whole time. I just never used them. Discount Tire took care of us, but the blowouts had Michelle rattled a bit.

Hope to see you soon!
Did you every figure what the "strange smell" was ?

Did you hit a Rigoberto's before the trail Yates? Or, was it Steve... LOL
By the way your Jeep is super fast on the highway man... Wifey seems very cool... Hope to see ya soon...
Old 08-27-2013, 10:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Dan, I heard your house was built on an Indian Burial Ground ! What the hell is going on up there !
Old 08-28-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bob Thario
House built on Indian Burial Ground
Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd
Did you every figure what the "strange smell" was ?

Did you hit a Rigoberto's before the trail Yates? Or, was it Steve... LOL
By the way your Jeep is super fast on the highway man... Wifey seems very cool... Hope to see ya soon...
LMAO!!! I didn't hear that comment until after we got off the trail. I guess I'll have to claim that one.

We will see you guys soon!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob Thario
Hey Dan, I heard your house was built on an Indian Burial Ground ! What the hell is going on up there !
Really... House, body and fun have all turned to crap... Ran into Darren and Kelly at Augies after checking into the hotel next door. The great flood of 2013 that took 45 days to repair finally allowed us to move back into our bedroom, then the air conditioner goes out on Sunday afternoon...

And, after many visits to Dr. Bombay and a plethora of different "guess" med's that either made me dizzy, swollen, cranky or emotional - found bone spurs in my knee. I guess that's why they call it a practice...

So, I went to Buckeye, found a virgin chicken and proceeded to the nearest volcano to throw that sumbeech in... Ever since then I feel fine...

So, how have you been? LOL

Last edited by AhMyGawd; 08-28-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!