Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 07-01-2012, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Bummer on your track bar issues. Sucks to spend the money only to have to do it again. Goo luck buddy!
Its all good. You helped me out tons on the pitman arm.
The part that gets me is jks has two track bars with the same part number. I bought mine on clist thinking i could save some money. Called jks and they said they have two gen 3 track bars one for the sector shaft kit and the other not. Kinda annoys me.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dblaron

If it helps i can meet up id like to make sure i get the right track bar i already wasted 175 on this one that is supposed to work.
If I still had my tera flex track bar I would but I got rid of it and am running rock crawler now. If you want we can go by my buddies shop and check one. I'm available most days after 1pm
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Morning! 2 questions for the group...

1. Can anyone recommend good video editing software for the GoPro? Just need something basic... but functional.

2. Do any of you guys burn alot of motor oil? My JK is a 2008, and will burn about 1 qt of oil in 2500 miles. It seems excessive to me!!

Thanks - look forward to the responses!
Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

It looks like in your pic you have the track bar mounted to stock location with the flipkit installed. Since that makes your trac bar and drag link not parallel do you have problems with bump steer
I have the Teraflex 6" full complete kit so I have the drop bracket on the frame side. I have zero bump steer. In the next week I will be adding Hydro assist as turning 37's in the rocks is not easy. I have a few different ideas as to changing up my steering and raising my tie rod even more.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey

If I still had my tera flex track bar I would but I got rid of it and am running rock crawler now. If you want we can go by my buddies shop and check one. I'm available most days after 1pm
Thanks man i will def take you up on that offer. If I'm able to make sure i get the right track bar before i commit to buy that would be awesome. Where is your buddies shop.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepinJay

I have the Teraflex 6" full complete kit so I have the drop bracket on the frame side. I have zero bump steer. In the next week I will be adding Hydro assist as turning 37's in the rocks is not easy. I have a few different ideas as to changing up my steering and raising my tie rod even more.
Copy that! The pic made it look a lil off i didnt notice the frame side drop.
What tubing did you use for your tie rid you had made.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Copy that! The pic made it look a lil off i didnt notice the frame side drop.
What tubing did you use for your tie rid you had made.
1 1/2" X .25" wall Dom tube with 1 ton tre's.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RockinJK
Morning! 2 questions for the group...

1. Can anyone recommend good video editing software for the GoPro? Just need something basic... but functional.

2. Do any of you guys burn alot of motor oil? My JK is a 2008, and will burn about 1 qt of oil in 2500 miles. It seems excessive to me!!

Thanks - look forward to the responses!
I use iMovie on my Mac it works great.

There are a few oil drinking jks out there but I don't know any of them. Do a search you will find multiple threads.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks man i will def take you up on that offer. If I'm able to make sure i get the right track bar before i commit to buy that would be awesome. Where is your buddies shop.
Tried to pm you but your box is full
Old 07-02-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey

Tried to pm you but your box is full
Thats crazy i don't have a single message in my box. Well shoot me a text tomorrow if you get a shot.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!