Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepinJay

You need to relocate that steering stabilizer.
Thats as high as i can get it without it hitting the draglink flip. Im gonna have to weld some tabs on to relocate. Is there another solution

My jks track bar is only a 1/4 below that sector shaft brace I'm guessing that the bar is wrong. Im i correct thinking that

How much to get the tie rod you had made?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dblaron

Thats as high as i can get it without it hitting the draglink flip. Im gonna have to weld some tabs on to relocate. Is there another solution

My jks track bar is only a 1/4 below that sector shaft brace I'm guessing that the bar is wrong. Im i correct thinking that

How much to get the tie rod you had made?
You need the same bracket I have. Puts it above the tie rod.

You have a drop bracket on frame side and a bracket to raise your track bar on the axle side. That's why you are seeing the track bar 1/4" between them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-555251960.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	335710  

Last edited by jeepinJay; 06-30-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepinJay

You need the same bracket I have. Puts it above the tie rod.

You have a drop bracket on frame side and a bracket to raise your track bar on the axle side. That's why you are seeing the track bar 1/4" between them.
No drop bracket on frame side anymore i cut that off just the jks reinforcement bracket that also holds the sector shaft brace. I was told by this forum and northridge that the two kits work great. So im guessing i have the wrong track bar.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

It looks like in your pic you have the track bar mounted to stock location with the flipkit installed. Since that makes your trac bar and drag link not parallel do you have problems with bump steer
Old 07-01-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

No drop bracket on frame side anymore i cut that off just the jks reinforcement bracket that also holds the sector shaft brace. I was told by this forum and northridge that the two kits work great. So im guessing i have the wrong track bar.
You need a different track bar. Im not sure about the jks but that one is not going to work. as far as relocating the stabalizer your best bet is to fab up a new bracket and weld/attach it to your track bar bracket. It looks great and your geometry is perfect, it should drive great!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey

You need a different track bar. Im not sure about the jks but that one is not going to work. as far as relocating the stabalizer your best bet is to fab up a new bracket and weld/attach it to your track bar bracket. It looks great and your geometry is perfect, it should drive great!!!
It def drives a whole lot tighter and gives me comfort. Just need to figure out the track bar issue before i wheel. Is fine as long as sway bar attached. If not jks what track bar do you think would work best.
Also now noticed i need a front cv shaft mine is rubbing with caster at 6.5. Which one is best
Old 07-01-2012, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

It def drives a whole lot tighter and gives me comfort. Just need to figure out the track bar issue before i wheel. Is fine as long as sway bar attached. If not jks what track bar do you think would work best.
Also now noticed i need a front cv shaft mine is rubbing with caster at 6.5. Which one is best
It's hard to tell from the pics but a Tera flex track bar might work. Your front driveshaft is rubbing on the cross member?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's hard to tell from the pics but a Tera flex track bar might work. Your front driveshaft is rubbing on the cross member?
No the the ball part at the transfer case is rubbing against the outter part.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it helps i can meet up id like to make sure i get the right track bar i already wasted 175 on this one that is supposed to work.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Bummer on your track bar issues. Sucks to spend the money only to have to do it again. Goo luck buddy!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!