Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 06-18-2012, 01:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JC4me
Father's day turned out kind of sucky.
One girl hit another car then careened into my left front tire; shearing of the sector shaft just above the pitman arm.
My question to you guys is where should take it? Jeep dealer or some jeep shop here in Phoenix. If you have an opinion, can you give me the name of your recommendation?
If there's a chance that this goes on the Carfax as an accident... I would avoid insurance and have it fixed locally.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

That sucks Jc4me! you probably need a new steering box.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

One girl hit another car then careened into my left front tire; shearing of the sector shaft just above the pitman arm.
My question to you guys is where should take it? Jeep dealer or some jeep shop here in Phoenix. If you have an opinion, can you give me the name of your recommendation?
I would fix yourself. You can google jk sector shaft and actually just get the shaft and the bearing and the and rebuild yourself for like $150. My buddy is a dodge mechanic i can ask him if he could get u deal ok steering box and install.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Take your jeep to COP or another shop and have it thoroughly checked over. You may have more damage than you think. In any situation, I would get the highest quote and do all the work myself than pocket a few bucks for your troubles.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys for the responses. I know I will probably take a hit on carfax by going through a shop but when dealing with steering issues I don't want to take a chance missing something that could put my family in harms way.
They are way more important to me than this Jeep(blasphemy,I know).
Old 06-19-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

New to the site. Live in Surprise. Looking forward to maybe meeting some new Jeepers in the Phoenix area. We have a '12 JKU Sport. Mostly stock for now, but will be slowly making some changes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-53.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	331411  
Old 06-19-2012, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rocjeepn
New to the site. Live in Surprise. Looking forward to maybe meeting some new Jeepers in the Phoenix area. We have a '12 JKU Sport. Mostly stock for now, but will be slowly making some changes.
Welcome to the site. There are some great guys in the Az faction. They usually try to meet and greet first sat of every month and someone is always wanting to go out.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Welcome Rocjeepn. Keep checking back here and in the group section. Always something going on. Even though it has been quite here don't let that fool you. We are always up to something
Old 06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Speaking of meet and greet who wants to take charge and set something up for July?
Old 06-20-2012, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocjeepn
Suddenly I crave a creamsicle. Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!