Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics man. Looks like fun
Old 06-04-2012, 01:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely a fun trail!! I would do it again next time with lockers so I could choose some more challenging lines ... Great scenic trail though good last hooray till the fall.. Thanks for the good time everyone
Old 06-04-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wralston89
Definitely a fun trail!! I would do it again next time with lockers so I could choose some more challenging lines ... Great scenic trail though good last hooray till the fall.. Thanks for the good time everyone
Have fun in Europe!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Ummm where is everyone? Did you get attacked by Zombies!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm here lurking round. I guess there is not much going on after our trail run last weekend.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

No but i almost got attacked by a miami bath salt user.
Ordered my jks sector shaft brace and evo flip kit and aussie locker just waiting on all to get in then install than i am trail ready.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wanted to put this out there. I am a volunteer for both the BLM and Tonto National Forest. I have just received an email from them that they are organizing a big project in the Sunflower area that was ravaged by a forest fire. On the weekend of June 16 & 17 they are in need of volunteers to fill and pile sandbags to help with any flooding problems for the near future. Here are the details.

SUNFLOWER ADMINISTRATIVE SITE FLOOD PROTECTION VOLUNTEER PROJECT
Date: June 16 and 17, 2012
Time: 7AM Start (9AM for those who arrive late)
Location: Sunflower Administrative Site. The Sunflower area is 21 miles south of Payson and 34 miles north of Phoenix metropolitan. The project site is accessible by passenger vehicle.
What: There is unprecedented flooding potential in the area because of the recent Sunflower fire which burned almost 20,000 acres. The forest is seeking hundreds of volunteers to fill and place up to 25,000 sand bags in and around the Forest Service Sunflower Administrative Site, which has cultural and historic significance, and is a treasured memory for many forest visitors. The Sunflower Administrative Site is a collection of historic buildings and structures that once served as the Forest Ranger District office and work center back in the early 1900’s.
Number of volunteers needed: 100+ volunteers each day
Who: Anyone that would like to help that is 16 years or older
What to Bring: Wear gloves, closed-toe shoes, wear sun protection (hat, long sleeve, sun screen), bring water and snacks. Lunch will be provided.
Directions: From Phoenix, take the Beeline highway (87) north toward Payson. Just past mile marker 222 is a sign for the Sycamore exit to the left and Mt. Ord exit to the right. Take the turn to the left

Last edited by jlabe2; 06-06-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have dback tickets for this Friday or Saturday they are willing to sell or whatnot?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jlabe2
Wanted to put this out there. I am a volunteer for both the BLM and Tonto National Forest. I have just received an email from them that they are organizing a big project in the Sunflower area that was ravaged by a forest fire. On the weekend of June 16 & 17 they are in need of volunteers to fill and pile sandbags to help with any flooding problems for the near future. Here are the details.

SUNFLOWER ADMINISTRATIVE SITE FLOOD PROTECTION VOLUNTEER PROJECT
Date: June 16 and 17, 2012
Time: 7AM Start (9AM for those who arrive late)
Location: Sunflower Administrative Site. The Sunflower area is 21 miles south of Payson and 34 miles north of Phoenix metropolitan. The project site is accessible by passenger vehicle.
What: There is unprecedented flooding potential in the area because of the recent Sunflower fire which burned almost 20,000 acres. The forest is seeking hundreds of volunteers to fill and place up to 25,000 sand bags in and around the Forest Service Sunflower Administrative Site, which has cultural and historic significance, and is a treasured memory for many forest visitors. The Sunflower Administrative Site is a collection of historic buildings and structures that once served as the Forest Ranger District office and work center back in the early 1900's.
Number of volunteers needed: 100+ volunteers each day
Who: Anyone that would like to help that is 16 years or older
What to Bring: Wear gloves, closed-toe shoes, wear sun protection (hat, long sleeve, sun screen), bring water and snacks. Lunch will be provided.
Directions: From Phoenix, take the Beeline highway (87) north toward Payson. Just past mile marker 222 is a sign for the Sycamore exit to the left and Mt. Ord exit to the right. Take the turn to the left
I would be interested in helping out. Jeff text me. I will make sure I am available that weekend.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
It was fun, but it was hard at the same time.
If you need a replacement rear bumper, let me know. I got one I want to get rid of

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!