Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bondkx01
Just checking if this is going to happen and where? I'm a long time lurker and would like to meet some local Jk'ers. I'm in Scottsdale for reference.

thanks all!
Ken

Can anyone provide me the M&G details? Pretty please?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Last I saw it was to be held at the Sandbar, not sure of the time though, hoping it's afternoon though since I have a dinner party that night already scheduled for Cinco de Mayo.

If it is scheduled for that night anyone up for an afternoon M&G on the Northside of town?? I'll be coming down from Anthem then and still not too famiiar with what and where are things.

-Scott
Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

M&G is the 1st Saturday of every month
Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like we are shooting for 6pmish.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by awesomo

Welcome Dawn!

We have 'meet n greets' every first Sat of each month. As where to live, I'm impartial to the East Side (Chandler, Gilbert), but you will find that most of the members here are from the West.
East side!!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hobbes69

East side!!
Westside. Just think we are closer to vegas, san diego, dunes, and rocky point to name a few. East side has new mexico, arkansas, hurricanes, middle east.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dblaron

Westside. Just think we are closer to vegas, san diego, dunes, and rocky point to name a few. East side has new mexico, arkansas, hurricanes, middle east.
We are closer to box canyon the white mountains and the better ski resort in Arizona
Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hobbes69

We are closer to box canyon the white mountains and the better ski resort in Arizona
I counter with crown king(bradshaws), pacific ocean, rubicon trail, did i mention vegas, colorado river. We can split the grand canyon and telluride.
We also don't have noodling tournaments. There closer to you.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bob Thario
It is at 99th Ave/Northern

Just west of the Loop 101 and Northern.
People keep asking where the Sand Bar is so, here you go - usually starts around 6:30pm...

Happy Cinco De Drinko!!!

As for where to live - WES SIDE

However, if you are, or like to hang out with "pretty people" - Snotsdale is for you!!! (Moved from there a few years back - lost my Pretty People Card - see me now and you'll know why)

It's a bit wierd here in AZ - seems like there are two distinct groups of folk that truly belong and fit in, the East or the West - I know a few Eastsiders that really belong on the Wes Side -they know who they are...

Eitherway and all kidding aside, we have great people here regardless of the hood they claim. I have not meet anyone here that i dont like hanging out with or wheel'in. You will enjoy our group and any part of the Valley you select...

Goodluck with your decision...
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd

People keep asking where the Sand Bar is so, here you go - usually starts around 6:30pm...

Happy Cinco De Drinko!!!

As for where to live - WES SIDE

However, if you are, or like to hang out with "pretty people" - Snotsdale is for you!!! (Moved from there a few years back - lost my Pretty People Card - see me now and you'll know why)

It's a bit wierd here in AZ - seems like there are two distinct groups of folk that truly belong and fit in, the East or the West - I know a few Eastsiders that really belong on the Wes Side -they know who they are...

Eitherway and all kidding aside, we have great people here regardless of the hood they claim. I have not meet anyone here that i dont like hanging out with or wheel'in. You will enjoy our group and any part of the Valley you select...

Goodluck with your decision...
Couldn't agree more but its much more fun to kid. Being that my job is to serve the citizens of phoenix i will point out south Phx should be avoided as well as most of the sunny slope area. We don't have a true downtown its got lots of run down areas and thee largest shelter in southwest united states. If your working in North Scottsdale and want to save a lil if you go west of 64st and north of Shea thats all Phx zip code for most part. Good part of town older but no HOA and clean houses. Realistically as people have said tons of areas in AZ. The freeways are actually better than we give credit look at cali, seattle, chicago and you'll like ours.
But if cool is you main attraction westside is the only way

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!