Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to phoenix area in june!!! :)

Hey Everyone,

I'm moving the the Phoenix Area this June from North Carolina (originally from PA) and I am hoping to meet new jeep lovers! I hope to join you all in an event once I get there. My co-worker is also moving out there in a week and also has a JK.
Any advise on areas to live? I'll more than likely be working near Scottsdale.

Thanks and I hope to meet you all soon!
-Dawn
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jksteelerfan
Hey Everyone,

I'm moving the the Phoenix Area this June from North Carolina (originally from PA) and I am hoping to meet new jeep lovers! I hope to join you all in an event once I get there. My co-worker is also moving out there in a week and also has a JK.
Any advise on areas to live? I'll more than likely be working near Scottsdale.

Thanks and I hope to meet you all soon!
-Dawn
Welcome Dawn!

We have 'meet n greets' every first Sat of each month. As where to live, I'm impartial to the East Side (Chandler, Gilbert), but you will find that most of the members here are from the West.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by awesomo
Welcome Dawn!

We have 'meet n greets' every first Sat of each month. As where to live, I'm impartial to the East Side (Chandler, Gilbert), but you will find that most of the members here are from the West.
yeah, my co-worker is going to live in Gilbert and I will most likely stay in the east side... I'm not making any decisions until I get there. Thanks for your input.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Welcome Dawn and co-worker, Basically here are some general rules for Phoenix and local areas. Rent prices are gonna tell ya a lot about prices of homes in that area. Scottsdale, high priced cause of location to stuff and big nice homes in that area, Mesa and generally East area moderate prices cause of location and the number of medium sized homes + distance to central Phoenix, Gilbert and heading east- Gilbert- lower priced homes/newer homes, but the drive-WOW. West side, expanding out also, newer neighborhoods also and cheaper rents, but once again the drive. Look, the valley is spread out. basically 65 miles by 60 miles, check it on maps. For me (far East Mesa) to go see Dan over at his place (West side) it's a 60 mile drive one way, 1 hour. For me to go up to Northwest side by Bob's house it's about 1 hour and a 60 mile drive. If I were you, I would pick a place right around the corner from where you work cause driven in traffic in Phoenix area SUCK's. Phoenix area has pockets of bad right around the corner from really nice area. Even south Phoenix has some nice homes going in. Kinda matters how much you wanna fight traffic.

Last edited by Jknockers; 05-02-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default Meet and greet this Saturday?

Just checking if this is going to happen and where? I'm a long time lurker and would like to meet some local Jk'ers. I'm in Scottsdale for reference.

thanks all!
Ken
Old 05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Hello jksteelerfan! Live where you will be most comfortable, for my family and I it's on the west side in surprise. Sure we may have to drive, but where I grew up in southern cal. You had a half hour to an hour drive to anywhere fun. So driving is part of life. At least we can do it in a jeep. But if you have more funds than me, get another fuel efficient vehicle and drive on. Good luck.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just be sure to pick a place close to a freeway..
Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RufusTheTank
Just be sure to pick a place close to a freeway..
That is the truth.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on one or two bedroom rentals, they will start out in the mid $700s and go to about $1600. My buddy rents a place in North Scottsdale by me and pays $640 a month no garage, no updates or anything, just a place to live close to work. Now if you are looking for hot a$$ neighbors that you will see nonstop with little to nothing on (and single) and want a garage, updates, and all the amenities, plan on spending $1000-$1400
Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Hi Vic!
Hey Rob Getting back into it Hope to see you at the M&G. I havent made one in a while

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!