Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knotaddicted
Was happy to help. Definitely a big project for a garage. A lift and torch/plasma cutter would have made it go a lot faster. We used a cordless sawzall to remove the factory brackets. Nice stout kit and lots of changes from the original long arm.
PM me if you guys ever need to borrow a plasma cutter.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Freak

Default Mod after Mod

Its seems like for every mod you do to the Jeep, there are supplemental mods required!

After discussing quick disconnects with other phx members, they recommended spring retainers (so the possibility of the springs popping out during full flex is reduced).

After installing TF front spring retainers and JKS quick disconnects, I toke the Jeep out and tore my Front Drive Shaft boot while flexing! After doing much research and also speaking with other members, I've decided that I'm going to ride it out until It becomes absolutely necessary to replace the FDS. At which point I'll hit up a local drive train shop for a smaller diameter DS.

Other then the driveshaft, is there anything else I should be worried about when I'm disconnected and flexing?
Old 02-21-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

If your not paying attention while flexing you can trip over weights.

But seriously besides brake lines your gonna find out what else goes bad when you do it. Just keep your wallet ready and you can conquer all obstacles
Old 02-21-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Oh Crud. I installed JKS Disconnects last week. I didn't even think about extending the brake lines. Good question. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BAC2BA6
Oh Crud. I installed JKS Disconnects last week. I didn't even think about extending the brake lines. Good question. Thanks for posting.
You should be fine wile flexing, its only necessary when you lift higher than 2.5.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK on 44s
PM me if you guys ever need to borrow a plasma cutter.
Dude if I only knew you had that, I would have hit you up. Would have saved a few hours and Darren's little sawzall! lol
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

Default Phoenix JK's

Congrats Robert! it looks awesome. Just wait til you get the rear done. It will feel like a new jeep.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wheeling and plinking with a little Tanarite thrown in?

Anyone intrested in doing some Rainbow Valley Sunday? Here's the catch my son's airsoft team (except for my son they are all over 18) wants to do some wheel'n and shooting but, thier trucks are not equiped. So if you dont mind a passenger or two we can cram'em in and wheel to the plinking spot...
(I know this is a strange request but, i promised my boy i would post - afterall he is getting pretty big and wouuld hate for him to kick my ass)

Is anyone intrested?

Last edited by AhMyGawd; 02-22-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AhMyGawd
Wheeling and plinking with a little Tanarite thrown in?

Anyone intrested in doing some Rainbow Valley Sunday? Here's the catch my son's airsoft team (except for my son they are all over 18) wants to do some wheel'n and shooting but, thier trucks are not equiped. So if you dont mind a passenger or two we can cram'em in and wheel to the plinking spot...
(I know this is a strange request but, i promised my boy i would post - afterall he is getting pretty big and wouuld hate for him to kick my ass)

Is anyone intrested?
I'm installing my OBA this Fri or Sat. If all goes well...I might go along with you Dan.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wish I could, gotta work.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!