Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Robert!

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
Hi Bob and Florence!
I read this Forum everyday!
You made my day!

Thankyou, Florence.
Bob too........
Old 01-26-2012, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
Is that jeep of yours ready to hit the dirt yet?

In other news I picked up a front and rear out of an 03 f350 today.... May need to pick your brain in a couple months when I'm putting them in....
Not yet. Andrews still working on my steering bro. Custom tie rod, draglink, trackbar all with 1.75 dom and hi-steer knuckles with cross over steering. Oh and I picked up the buggy version of this kit: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehicl...new-style.html

Im even considering just relocating the gas tank to the trunk, loosing the track bar, and just run a true triangulated 4 link. Coilovers are also in discussion and I might give in soon. For coilovers, Im gonna do a custom setup through the hood or atleast up to it. The 12" or 14" kits that are out right now have no travel benefit for the JKs and are a waste of money IMO...

Hit me up with whatever questions you have though.... Are we still on for the 18th bro?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CrazyCasey
A long couple months ahead working on these
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK on 44s
Not yet. Andrews still working on my steering bro. Custom tie rod, draglink, trackbar all with 1.75 dom and hi-steer knuckles with cross over steering. Oh and I picked up the buggy version of this kit: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/vehicl...new-style.html

Im even considering just relocating the gas tank to the trunk, loosing the track bar, and just run a true triangulated 4 link. Coilovers are also in discussion and I might give in soon. For coilovers, Im gonna do a custom setup through the hood or atleast up to it. The 12" or 14" kits that are out right now have no travel benefit for the JKs and are a waste of money IMO...

Hit me up with whatever questions you have though.... Are we still on for the 18th bro?

WILL DO.... Im not sure when but i think that weekend im in mexico. im going somewhere this weekend just not sure where yet.
Ill keep you posted on when we head up that way.

Are you moving your gas tank just for the 4link or are you having clearance issues in the rear?.... that is one of my concerns.

Originally Posted by minime
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
800 for both. I will problably spend another 5-6k on gears lockers brackets bearings and all the stuff i need to build them and 30-40 hours working on them. hopefully i can get some good money out of my built rubi axles when im done though.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Your still ahead. That's what one built rock jock would cost. Cool thing is you will know those axles inside and out. And hopefully all of us will to! Good luck brother.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

That's sounds fun Casey! Scott, coil overs through the hood, is there any benefit of this or just spacing doesn't allow? Just thinking of how that would look.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jknockers
Are you spying on us?
Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 AM
JK Newbie

That's sounds fun Casey! Scott, coil overs through the hood, is there any benefit of this or just spacing doesn't allow? Just thinking of how that would look.
Well, the benefit would be to allow for a 16-18" coilover on a JK. Obviously flex would be outrageous since the amount of down travel would be significantly increased compared to a traditional kit which only allows for 12-14" setups. The only "work" involved to make sure this is even possible is looking at what my limitting factor will become in terms of down travel. As of now, I have the teraflex LA kit and their joints allow for about 60 degrees of articulation. The next factor would be the trackbar in the front which limits the axles vertical progession. This means your only going to get a maximun down travel of what your trackbar will allow. To test the distances, you would simply unbolt the trackbar, let it drop down, and there ya go.

Lastly, I would have to make sure Im not having any driveshaft binding. With larger than 14" coilovers, driveshaft binding will occur for stock JK axles and even a set of Curries, Dynatrac, etc due to the pinion angle, yokes, lateral movement, and housing positioning. This is why the coilover kits you can buy are a waste of money in my opinion. In terms of flex, I dont see any benefit, but hey they look cool and provide a slightly smoother ride right... With my D60, I wont have binding issues since my knuckles are turned for perfect driveline angle allignment, I have flex yokes, and my housing is in better-than-stock position.

Another reason why one tons are the shit, the options are endless.

**Oh and in terms of looks, they are sexy setup this way:

Last edited by JK on 44s; 01-28-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

Are you spying on us?
I'm always lurkin around,,,,, I just recently had to add anoher site to lurk around on,,, Man I remember back years ago, back in the Toyota days, when all there was,, was one site that everyone use to run to.

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!