Notices
Four Corners If you live in the Four Corners area (Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!

Old 12-17-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jknockers

I would gusset, both styles, one over the other, sleeve it and truss it. Get that front axle beefed up b4 it's too late and b4 gears. Then count on Ball Joints to be done soon. Also take a torque wrench to all the bolts under that thing , especially the front steering stuff and track bar. I am speaking from experience and wanna save you some headache.
Thanks on that thought I ordered the Purejeep truss with the Evo sleeves and gussets. My only worry now is I bought the jeep used with a mall crawler unknown lift and 35 I'm not sure if the c are bent yet. Can an allignment shop let me know if the are bent already. I jut put the 37 on and am not gonna wheel it till I get the axle trussed and geared.
Thanks again
Old 12-17-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dblaron
Thanks on that thought I ordered the Purejeep truss with the Evo sleeves and gussets. My only worry now is I bought the jeep used with a mall crawler unknown lift and 35 I'm not sure if the c are bent yet. Can an allignment shop let me know if the are bent already. I jut put the 37 on and am not gonna wheel it till I get the axle trussed and geared.
Thanks again
This is what I would do if it was my Jeep, I would look it over very well, tires for rock scares, under carriage for scrapes, under axle tubes for rock rash, and if it all looked good I would just go ahead and gusset and truss it. If I had questions about anything I would run it through a alignment shop and have hm check it out and have them look at the Ball Joints while they are at it. They, the ball joints, if worn very bad can play he11 with you, as in tire wear and alignment and also cause death wobble. Gear change will run you around 1250. so if you only wanna get into the guts of the front end once and do all the gears sleeves (if you wanna do that also) then thats the extra your lookin at. Also who ever welds you gussets have them stitch weld them or have them remove your ball joints first then install the gussets and after it cools install some Heavy duty ball joints and be done with the ball joints once and for all. Things to think about cause if you wheel the thing you will end up replacing the ball joints.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jknockers

This is what I would do if it was my Jeep, I would look it over very well, tires for rock scares, under carriage for scrapes, under axle tubes for rock rash, and if it all looked good I would just go ahead and gusset and truss it. If I had questions about anything I would run it through a alignment shop and have hm check it out and have them look at the Ball Joints while they are at it. They, the ball joints, if worn very bad can play he11 with you, as in tire wear and alignment and also cause death wobble. Gear change will run you around 1250. so if you only wanna get into the guts of the front end once and do all the gears sleeves (if you wanna do that also) then thats the extra your lookin at. Also who ever welds you gussets have them stitch weld them or have them remove your ball joints first then install the gussets and after it cools install some Heavy duty ball joints and be done with the ball joints once and for all. Things to think about cause if you wheel the thing you will end up replacing the ball joints.
Gonna order new ball joints Monday then I rather just do it all at once and be done with it. Thanks for the heads up. Got to get this done so I can get on with breaking other stuff.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dblaron
Gonna order new ball joints Monday then I rather just do it all at once and be done with it. Thanks for the heads up. Got to get this done so I can get on with breaking other stuff.
I think your on the right track, run 37's, no spacers, gusset, truss, sleeve and re-gear the front, re-gear the back. When wheelin, DO NOT force the steering, you will damage the steering box sector shaft if you really pull on the stering wheel while wheeling. Don't spin the tires a lot while wheelin, try to have the jeep crawl over stuff. Sure ya have to spin them a little ovr stuff but be gental on the stuff, don't force anything or you'll break stuff. I really have to watch it with 40's, so I don't ram n jam spinnin em on stuff cause I know I'll break stuff. Also take a torque wrench to all the stuff under your jeep, heres the link http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...orque-settings.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Oh ya looking good! How does it feel? Should feel like a new jeep!
Old 12-18-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

That does look pretty legit.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4DARCKS
Installed!
It looks so much smaller with the tires and everything than when the housing was in the back of the truck.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That PR44 looks great.

Today I went out with a group of jeepers on Hackberry Creek. It started off as a nice day, but as the day went on it got foggy and rainy/misty. I remembered how much I hated wet rocks and open differentials. By the end of the day my jeep performed wonderfully and I was not amoung those towed or winched (Shocking, isn't it?) Though I was pretty stressed in a few places, my JK roared on through without any issues. I have to thank the spotters for my success.

I don't have any good action shots, but here are a few pics anyways.

Click image for larger version

Name:	23.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	251533Click image for larger version

Name:	22.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	251534Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	251535Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	251536Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	251537
Old 12-18-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by remark
That PR44 looks great.

Today I went out with a group of jeepers on Hackberry Creek. It started off as a nice day, but as the day went on it got foggy and rainy/misty. I remembered how much I hated wet rocks and open differentials. By the end of the day my jeep performed wonderfully and I was not amoung those towed or winched (Shocking, isn't it?) Though I was pretty stressed in a few places, my JK roared on through without any issues. I have to thank the spotters for my success.

I don't have any good action shots, but here are a few pics anyways.

Attachment 251533Attachment 251534Attachment 251535Attachment 251536Attachment 251537
Wow looks like you had a great time
Old 12-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4DARCKS
Installed!
Looks good man!

Quick Reply: Phoenix Area JK'ers Say your piece!